AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based upon the recommendations from the members of this board I switched from component cables to a RGB cable from better cables. I hooked the elite to my Sony HD200. Well the picture looks great but I can not control the color settings any longer. Overall the colors seem better but the flesh tones have faded. The elite does not give me that menu option. Is this normail? How can I adjust color? With the component cables all options were avaialble. Sorry for the rookie confusion.

Mike

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Mike, I have a similar setup (Elite 510 and HD-200 using the Better Cables RGB cable), and according to my Elite 510's owner's manual, "The COLOR, TINT, and SHARP settings may not be changed when receiving RGB input." Therefore, the inability to access those settings is "normal." My set works in the same manner as you described for yours, although I am very satisfied with the color saturation of the picture.

You might try playing around with the CONTRAST and BLACK LVL adjustments. The BLACK LVL is Pioneer's name for Brightness, and having it jacked up too high could account for the faded flesh tones.

I'm sure there must be service menu adjustments as well, but I have no experience with them. Obviously, you could also get your set ISF-calibrated, which is a good idea in the base case.

Good luck solving your problem.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the Elite 510 as well, connected (currently) to a DTC-100. I always considered the inability to adjust color (and other things) while using the RGB input as a feature: it prevents me from continuously trying to make things 'better', a habit that really annoys my family.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Elite 720, and I just had it ISF tuned. I would have to say this is a must for the the Elite, the picture quality is now twice what is was out of the box. Best $$ I spent. I would highly recommend this for you. The ISF tech put settings for day and night, the different light levels make a huge difference.

It took him about 5 hours to complete the tweaking of the set, but well worth the time and money in the end.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Who did you use to do the ISF tuning?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.