AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone please share the exact dimensions of Pioneer's new Elite Pro630? I know it has a 58" screen, but I can't find the HxWxD dimensions. Also, any other information on this model would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't think Pioneer has officially released this info, but I know they are a little smaller than the x20 series. They look significantly smaller but that probably translates into an inch or two in reality. I would think you could use the measurements for the 620 unless you need absolute precision.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My 530 is exactly the same size as the 520. If you don't have an answer by the time I come home tonight, I'll check my manual as it is the same for all 3 x30's.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd also like to know the dimensions of the 530 Elite, as I haave a custom

cabinet to fit it in. Does anyone know how much clearance is needed

for width in this situation (we are moving into a new house and they

had a custom entertainment center built that currently houses a 4:3 RPTV.

I believe the available width is 50.5". Can anyone take a guess as to how big a 16:9 set could get in there.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Measurements are needed to build a platform. Do you think raising the unit 10-12" will adversley affect viewing?

Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Kenpa

A width of 50.5" gives a diagonal screen size of just under 58" in the 16:9 format. This is without any border frame around the screen. So I guess your best bet would be to go with a 55" RPTV.

A 57"screen is 49.68" wide, so depending on the frame size on the screen it could be a tight fit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
thanks, ekdo

I was looking at the Pioneer Elite 53" and they are supposedly 4915/16"

wide--do you think this would make it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
From the manual, the dimensions are as follows:

PRO 730.........59-7/16(W) x 56-1/8(H) x 27-15/16(D)

PRO 630.........54-1/4(W) x 53-3/16(H) x 26-9/16(D)

PRO 530.........49-15/16(W) x 50-3/4(H) x 25-3/16(D)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Kenpa

I am currently using a Elite 620 and if I am not wrong the width dimension is the same as the Elite 630. My opening is 54.5" and I had no problem sliding in the 620, tho carefully on the tile floor. Pile carpet would have been a problem.

Based on Bootstew info the 53" is gonna fit quite nicely. BTW I am waiting for my 630 to be delivered anyday now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ekdo, Thanks for the help!

We have tile so I think I'll be OK. How do you get the set out again if

you need to? Must not be easy.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Its pretty easy. I have already moved it a couple of times. On tile the rollers on the Elite stay true and glide easily with very little resistance. You pull from the bottom of the TV with both hands, (hands evenly spaced from the center) trying to keep the sides parallel to the side walls of the cabinets. Pull only a few inches at a time. When you slide your hands under the TV cabinet you will find that there is cut (recess)all along lengthwise that makes for a natural grip. If it goes out of line at one end just give an extra pressure pull on the other end. Keep on repeating the process till the TV is out. I have about 1/8" clearance on each side and I had no problem.

To put the TV back into the space I push the TV from the panel frame on top of the screen, hands close to the ends, using the above procedure.

The only time you will have problem is if the rollers on the TV get into the grout line. It moves the TV offline. Luckily, I have thin grout lines and they run in a diamond shape so are not a factor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.