AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 120" Elite projector screen that is Matte white with 1.0 gain.

I've got a light controller room, but I have glossy wood paneling walls and white ceiling tiles that I believe reflect a lot of light back on the screen.

I was wondering it would be possible to paint it Gray with the High Contrast Screen Goo from Goo Systems?

I don't know if the surface would allow for paint to be applied over it. Anyone ever tried it?

Goo paint is kinda expensive, or there any cheaper alternatives out there. I only paid $160 for the screen and the paint would cost $210. That's more than what I paid for the screen.

Are there any 120" diag screens that come default in a High Contrast Gray that would be around $210?

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeCourtney /forum/post/20885624

I've got a 120" Elite projector screen that is Matte white with 1.0 gain.

I've got a light controller room, but I have glossy wood paneling walls and white ceiling tiles that I believe reflect a lot of light back on the screen.

I was wondering it would be possible to paint it Gray with the High Contrast Screen Goo from Goo Systems?

I don't know if the surface would allow for paint to be applied over it. Anyone ever tried it?

Goo paint is kinda expensive, or there any cheaper alternatives out there. I only paid $160 for the screen and the paint would cost $210. That's more than what I paid for the screen.

Are there any 120" diag screens that come default in a High Contrast Gray that would be around $210?

Yes, people have painted fixed and electric screens, but I have never seen one (only pictures). I would go to the DIY screen thread and ask Mississippiman. Many consider him the guy to talk to when it comes to a painted screen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.