AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt this is the first Elite complaint post but I'm wondering if anyone here believes their response or can confirm this is a defect?

I have a Saker 110" motorized drop-down screen that has horrible horizontal "memory lines" as they call them. I have left the screen down for two weeks and they aren't getting remotely better. Jaime at Elite is defaulting to "all our screens have this" and is not offering a solution other than send it back, paying the horrendous return shipping fee. I'm fighting it with amazon and will consider even fighting it with my credit card but to me this is a horrifying level of customer service.

Can anyone confirm if these lines are normal and I should just accept it? Is their answer BS? Photos below (you can see it best in the middle of the screen, the faded white lines and wrinkles at the bottom)

If I do send this back does anyone know a better brand with extra (24") drop options?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: they have agreed to a full refund if I destroy the screen and send them pictures. What a waste of material :(

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just installed new Elite tab tension to replaced my own electric100.
My new one is Starling Cinegrey 5D.
The material is much lighter and thinner. With tab tension, the screen is really flat no curve.
My own one has curled edges and bottom left corner area

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I own a 120" Elite Screen and it developed the same lines in it and I'm 99.9% sure it was from being rolled up. Out of the box it was fine, but I went through about a 3 month period where it was rolled up and unused and that's when I noticed them. They have since went away but it took literally over a year of hanging unrolled before it did.

You could only really notice it in very light bright scenes. At one point I considered trying to steam out the wrinkles, ultimately I didn't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts