AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Elite Screens Vmax2 ceiling mount electric screen. I want to connect my projectors trigger output to the screens 12volt trigger so that when the projector is on the screen automatically comes down.

The projector is an Epson 6500UB, it has a 3.5mm mini-jack (like a microphone port) trigger output and the projection screen has an RJ-45 input (same kind of input as a CAT5 cable for ethernet and such). The company that sells the screen also sell a 50 ft cable that is the RJ-45 connection on both ends. So I could plug it into my screen but not into my projector. I would need some kind of adapter for the RJ-45 connection to a 3.5mm mini-jack, which I dont think exists.

Anyone here come across such a thing? Is there an easy way out or do I need to open up the screen and get access to the bare wires of the RJ-45 input to splice in a ground and the 12volt output from my projector?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Find out what the pin-out is on the RJ-45 and use the two appropriate lines (12v+ and ground) in the cat5 cable to hook to a 1/8" jack to plug into the projector...won't require molesting either component. It's odd that the screen would use an RJ45 for the trigger - sounds more like a remote 3 position switch connection point for the sscreen, not a 12V trigger input.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder1995 /forum/post/20862046

Find out what the pin-out is on the RJ-45 and use the two appropriate lines (12v+ and ground) in the cat5 cable to hook to a 1/8" jack to plug into the projector...won't require molesting either component. It's odd that the screen would use an RJ45 for the trigger - sounds more like a remote 3 position switch connection point for the sscreen, not a 12V trigger input.

That RJ-45 input is used for all the options for the screen. There is an RF cable, an IR cable, a trigger from a projector and a wall mounted switch. All are options from Elite Screens and they all plug into the same RJ-45 port. Thanks for that info, I'll give it a try here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.