AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping for some quick help. Just hung my 106" Elite Spectrum and this is as much of the screen I can seem to fill with my Epson 8100. Does this look right? I know my screen is 16:10, not 16:9, but this seems to be leaving a lot of real-estate on the table.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Noob mistake here. I should have looked at the viewing dimensions before buying. Since buy.com won't take back the product. Does anyone have a slick solution for converting into a 100' screen? Maybe I should take this into the DIY.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Adjust the image so it is lined up with the top of the screen and make a mask from light weight foam or gator board wrapped in back velvet to cover the blank area where not images is displayed. I don't know if this is a fixed frame or pull down, but if fixed you could center the image and make a small mask for top and bottom to even out the look.. be creative!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Confused on what you mean by viewing dimensions. Does this have to do with the screen or the projector? I'm wanting to make sure I don't make the same "noob" mistake when ordering a screen myself

·
Registered
3,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeage30 /forum/post/20797154

Confused on what you mean by viewing dimensions. Does this have to do with the screen or the projector? I'm wanting to make sure I don't make the same "noob" mistake when ordering a screen myself

He probably bought a 16:10 screen it looks like....If you get a 16:9 ratio screen from almost all screen manufactures, the ratio/dimensions of the 16:9 are very close, if not the same across the board. Do you think you might want to get a 2.35:1 screen? I ask because I made one for myself and I'm NEVER going back

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, I made the mistake of not checking out the viewing dimensions. You should be fine if you verify it's 16:9. I rolled the dice on a 16:10 and regret it now.

I did however get some good advice from this forum on how to correct. I'm just taking my time to get to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.