AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
We're not allowed to post prices or other dealers besides the dealers who advertise on the site here. I'd trust a certain auction site much for the item over that place. It's bait & switch.

·
Registered
584 Posts
A couple rules of thumb:

1) If an online electronics store lists its location as Brooklyn, don't buy there.

a. You can pretty much rule out New Jersey as well. And New York. And New Hampshire, just to be safe. B & H Photo is the only exception I know.

2) The lowest price listed for a projector in Google Shopping, Nextag, or any online price search, can't be trusted. Look VERY carefully at that business.

3) If an online store has a lot of positive reviews that all kind of sound the same, and are all from 1 or 2 states, those positive reviews are fake.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
A lot of those bait & switch scam sites were all owned by the same pople and got hit hard by the attorney general. They were heavily fined and will have to change their business practices. I dunno if this one is among them that will be changing though.

·
Registered
584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson /forum/post/16968913

A lot of those bait & switch scam sites were all owned by the same pople and got hit hard by the attorney general. They were heavily fined and will have to change their business practices. I dunno if this one is among them that will be changing though.

That's right. BTW, Elite Camcorders and Delta Camcorders are the same thing, among many other names.

http://donwiss.com/pictures/brooklynstores/h0207.htm

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...onsumer-fraud/

In spite of the action taken against these stores by the NY AG, the scumbags who run these operations are still free to form new businesses, and they will never change.

What makes it worse is that they often do ship their items, and they are as advertised. Even so, do you want to support criminals, and possibly buy electronics that were stolen off the back of a truck? You decide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.