AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 120" 16x9 Elitescreens Cinetension 2. And no matter what I do, I cannot get the image to fit vertically on the screen. There is always a couple of inches at the top that's not being filled in (assuming that I have the horizontals filled.

Is my screen not quite 16x9? That's the only thing I can think of.

I had the issue with my old Epson HC 720, and it's the same with my new Sony VPL-HW30ES.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Some Cinetension2 screens especially the older ones were not quite the correct aspect ratio. I had a 100" one that was taller than it should have been. RMA'd for a newer build and the new one is much closer to the proper aspect ratio.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toknowshita /forum/post/20837651

Some Cinetension2 screens especially the older ones were not quite the correct aspect ratio. I had a 100" one that was taller than it should have been. RMA'd for a newer build and the new one is much closer to the proper aspect ratio.

Guess I should've done that 3 years ago when I originally got the thing

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benito Joaquin /forum/post/20837742

How old is the unit?

Get a tape measure and a buddy to help you measure the image height and width. Post those numbers here, i'm curious.

Benito

It's 3 years old. I'll try to get the measurements tonight.

·
Banned
960 Posts
If you are considering spending on a new one. You can try to paint down the original one to the image size you need. One of the dims is incorrect and you can easily mask down the image and paint it over with a special type of paint.

Benito

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am having a problem with my projector overshooting by about 2 inches but it's only on the bottom right hand corner of my screen. I don't know if my screen was not cut correctly or what.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Elite is probably best described as "low cost leader." That does not necessarily have had many major categories of screens on the market long enough to establish itself as the equivalent of established brands like Da-Lite or hang up. And definitely not willing to challenge the high-end manufacturers like Stewart Filmscreen projection screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.