Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I like the best of both worlds. I want directv and expressvu on same antenna and I heard and saw that it can be done using Directv's elliptical dish. But the post was about having Expressvu (91 sat) and Regular DirecTV (101sat) setup on a single elliptical dish.

My objective is to have a Rca DTC100 with HBO package only in HDTV (119) and Expressvu regular canadian channels (91) on another receiver I have already subscribed all from the elliptical directv dish.

My question was if the elliptical 18x24 antenna for Directv can cover from 91 to 119 degrees sats all at once and so far to my knowledge none of the posts in here has answered that.

Q- Can the elliptical 18x24 dish cover a global azimut area of "birds" located between 91 to 119 degrees at once and a total elevation area angles of 34 degrees for BEV 91/sat to the lowest 21 degree for 119/sat from my location in Canada?

Is this possible or has anyone experienced this truly orienting "gymnastic" so far?

I've seen a lot of truly expert opinions in here and was really impress. This question is truly sincere and at the same time a test to all of your precious knowledge.

And NO, i will not consider the two seperate satellite option since my wife already said NO. According to her that is a non-negotiable issue. Its a one satellite antenna option.

Thanks for your help or suggestions.

bluesting

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Personally I dont think it's doable with that particular dish. A single dish thats larger still could do it.

Have you considered getting your HD from Bev instead with the 6000 receiver (presuming you dont have the 6000 aleady)? While you wont get HBO specifically in HD, the total amount of HD in general on Bev blows away DirecTv at the moment.

------------------

Dan

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The Channel Master oval dish that is sold for DirecTv has mounting positions for three LNBs to receive from 101, 110 and 119, so it can receive from any satellite positions seperated by 9 or 18 degrees

(assuming you can figure out the aiming coordinates. With an oval dish there are THREE coordinates, azimuth, elevation and the all-important tilt. However, the tilt figure you get for your zip code from DirecTv should work for any satellite location, since they're all in the same equitorial band.)

My guess is that it would work pretty well with the 10 degree spread between 91 and 101, but almost certainly wouldn't stretch to also include 119.

When you set one of these up, you see some pretty big swings in signal strength with changes of 2 or 3 degrees in azimuth, and with two LNBs aimed right for 91 and 101, the third would be aimed at 110.

[This message has been edited by Spoffo (edited 08-24-2001).]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Did you figure out whether this was possible? I would like to do the same thing from my location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.