AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am planning on getting an elliptical dish with the satellite c kit to get HD with my RCA HDTV (that has a dtc-100 built in with directv that i haven't activated yet).

i currently have 4 feeds coming into my house with a multiswitch for 2 directivos. If i replace the current dish with the elliptical and add the third lnb (for the new hd channels), will i still be able to use my current multiswitch? or will i need a bigger one? i think some of these dishes have internal switchers?

basically i am just adding one receiver, but it needs the triple lnb to see all the hd channels. can this dish also feed my directivos? this whole satellite "c" thing has me very confused!

one more thing - i know hdnet will not be an additional feed, but if i want HBOHD and Showtime HD, by themselves (no other movie pkg's), what does that cost?

·
Registered
588 Posts
You can cascade a second multiswitch from the one on the dish so you can run a fifth cable. Run the DTivos from the second multiswitch because you'll only be able to get the 101 sat that way. Run the HDTV directly from the first multiswitch. Do a search on feldon or feldon23, he has diagrams of the multiswitch layout.

David

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Or you could use a standard multiswitch prior to going into your HD multiswitch. Just use it for Sat A only and feed two of the outputs into your 5x4 or 4x4 multiswitch. This would allow you to use a 2x8 to feed up to 6 standard tuners and the HD multiswitch that can then supply feed for 4 HD boxes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.