AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The install instructions show two clamps to wall mount or ceiling mount.  They typically show these 10-15" away from the ends.

Does anyone know or have an idea how far these have to be towards the middle to support the housing?

ie. If I had them 2" from the ends would the housing be rigid enough to support it's own weight?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an EluneVision 120" Reference Studio 4K AudioWeave tab tensioned motorized screen that I just received and installed a couple of weeks ago. On my model, the brackets are located on the outside of each end cap. There are no adjustable brackets along the housing. Make sure you have something very solid to mount it into at each end. The bill of lading indicated 100 pounds and that was probably pretty close. I used a drywall hoist to raise my screen to the ceiling so that kind of weight didn't have to be held overhead by anybody during installation. The housing is rigid and does not sag at all in the middle.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have an EluneVision 120" Reference Studio 4K AudioWeave tab tensioned motorized screen that I just received and installed a couple of weeks ago. On my model, the brackets are located on the outside of each end cap. There are no adjustable brackets along the housing. Make sure you have something very solid to mount it into at each end. The bill of lading indicated 100 pounds and that was probably pretty close. I used a drywall hoist to raise my screen to the ceiling so that kind of weight didn't have to be held overhead by anybody during installation. The housing is rigid and does not sag at all in the middle.
I am very interested in this screen and was wondering how you feel about it? I was looking at the same one in the 100" - 110" range. How is the screen build wise as far as straightness? What about the image - is it sharp as expected and is the AT weave noticeable at all?

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.