AVS Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1481 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi All,

I'm interested in EluneVision screens, particularly the In Ceiling 2.35.1 w/ AT screen. Has anyone have any experience with this screen? Everything I searched is years old.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Any owner can advise how's the Reference PureBright 4K 2.4 Gain screen material feels like? is it feels as soft as cloth/fabric or slightly harder like PVC/ vinyl material?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the Elunevision Juno screen? It appears to be the budget version of the Luna, but I haven't come across any user reviews of this screen since they released it.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Hey guys, I'm about to buy my first PJ screen and I can fit EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned motorized screens 92" or probably 100".

Anyone have this one? It is really flat as they said? Also few guys telling me to get Stewart Neve or Tiburon for my livingroom room. Anybody can compare those vs EluneVision?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
It's pretty rare that I post something negative about a company, but in this case, it's a "caveat emptor" situation, so I'm doing it as a public service.

I've purchased three EluneVisions screens through Eastporters. The screens are great. They perform well. And beyond that, the customer service is great...when they want to sell you something.

Recently, I moved my 125" reference screen from the living room to a room I'm converting to a home theater area. I stepped on a dog toy and the screen's size ended up being a bit more difficult to re-direct than I anticipated. The screen came into contact with a corner of a small table, which resulted in a small slit/piercing about 1" in length.

I cannot afford a new screen at the moment, so I reached out to Eastporters via email, asking if they could send me a small sample of reference screen. It was nearly unnoticeable during playback, except for a small black line, which was the wall behind the screen (which I had painted black). I figured that if I just gently taped a small piece of screen over the slit, the black wall would no longer be visible, and while not an ideal solution, it would reduce it by about 50%. I never heard back from Eastporters.

I decided to contact EluneVision directly, as most screen manufacturers at least sell samples, even if they dont have any scrap laying around. They asked me if I wanted to purchase a new screen, as my plan was imperfect (I already was aware of this, obviously). I declined. They said they would probably be able to help me out. A week went by. All of a sudden I get an email from Elune, from someone whose title in the signature indicated they were an executive with the company. They referred me to an attachment in the email. Odd, but I went to check it out. Thankfully my Avira virus protection immediately quarantined it. I sent Elune an email and asked them what was going on, and they proceeded to tell me that they had been hacked by some sort of bot, and not to open any attachments.

After that, I did not hear back again. I emailed them for a 3rd time, asking if they were going to be able to help me out. Once again, a sales attempt was made. Once again I declined, and reiterated that I was happy to pay for a sample, I just wanted to figure out how to obtain one. They confirmed they do have samples. They said they would only charge me shipping, to which I happily agreed. I emailed them back yet again and asked how I should pay them. Once again, delayed response.

At that point I decided to see if a competitor might be willing to send me a sample. I figured it was so small, a close match of the same gain likely would not make any discernible difference, while still accomplishing my initial goal. The competitor was kind enough to ship one out right away.

So after two weeks, multiple sales attempts, unfulfilled promises, and a virus...EluneVision and Eastporters, with whom my buddy and I have spent over $10k with, never did follow through. Company B, one I hadn't even spent a dime with, obliged within five minutes, and I have the sample in-hand as I'm writing this.

Pretty lousy display of customer service, to say the least.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Summa I’ve been screen shopping for the past two months and was strongly considering Elunevision but when I reached out to acquire a screen sample they declined and told me they don’t send out samples. I was ready to drop a good amount of money on a tab tensioned motorized screen with them but not with out a sample. So I reached out to SI and while it took two weeks to get the samples they did send them. Guess who I bought a screen from, it wasn’t Elunevision.
I don’t know why they won’t send samples but I do know it cost them my business. When spending thousands of dollars on something I prefer to try before I buy. In your case I feel that’s just bad CS. I hope the patch works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
753 Posts
Their sales service is good. Their after sales service sucks. I bought 3 screens from them and every time I'd get an e-mail right away when talking about the purchase. Sent them an e-mail for a simple question after the last screen was purchased and never got a response. Tried again, same. They want their money and that's it. Joke of a company. Going with someone else next year when I build my new theater.

Reactions: Summa

·
Registered
10,658 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Summa I’ve been screen shopping for the past two months and was strongly considering Elunevision but when I reached out to acquire a screen sample they declined and told me they don’t send out samples. I was ready to drop a good amount of money on a tab tensioned motorized screen with them but not with out a sample. So I reached out to SI and while it took two weeks to get the samples they did send them. Guess who I bought a screen from, it wasn’t Elunevision.
I don’t know why they won’t send samples but I do know it cost them my business. When spending thousands of dollars on something I prefer to try before I buy. In your case I feel that’s just bad CS. I hope the patch works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the part that was very perplexing to me. If they had just said they don't do samples, then I just would have figured something else out (even though it would be odd that they don't send samples lol). But instead, they tell me one thing and do something different, all the while trying to get another sale out of me. Really turned me off. A shame, because the product is quite good.

Enjoy that SI screen, man. I recall from my screen shopping a few years ago that they have very good customer service.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Their sales service is good. Their after sales service sucks. I bought 3 screens from them and every time I'd get an e-mail right away when talking about the purchase. Sent them an e-mail for a simple question after the last screen was purchased and never got a response. Tried again, same. They want their money and that's it. Joke of a company. Going with someone else next year when I build my new theater.
Such a shame. I've purchased a few screens from them, as well, including this one, and the sales always went smoothly. Always happy with the product. Disappointing that after sales service has to be the fly in the ointment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was intrigued by Elunevision at one point too. I inquired about samples and they said they don't provide samples and to just check out their reviews.

I would probably never purchase something this large based solely on reviews. Especially since it's a pain in the butt to put together a projector screen.

Long story short, all it means is that I won't be purchasing an Elunevision and will instead buy a Stewart Cima to replace my Silverticket screen.

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
For those who might be interested in supply chain details, Elunevision is a brand of Edith-Min International Inc. of Oakville, ON, Canada. Edith-Min imports screens from Chinese suppliers such as Shenzhen Screen Workshop Technology, which also supplies screen materials to other North American vendors such as Carl's Place.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I was intrigued by Elunevision at one point too. I inquired about samples and they said they don't provide samples and to just check out their reviews.

I would probably never purchase something this large based solely on reviews. Especially since it's a pain in the butt to put together a projector screen.

Long story short, all it means is that I won't be purchasing an Elunevision and will instead buy a Stewart Cima to replace my Silverticket screen.
Ironically, they enjoy asking for screen samples from other manufacturers. Delicious.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I'd consider that a good thing. They want to ensure their screen material is just as good as competitors that charge 2 or 3 times the price. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Also, as I have read in a few other posts about the fixed frame screen my screen is sticking out from the wall on bottom left about 3/4 of an inch. How did you guys fix this issue? I also have some discoloration on my fabric in a small area. Almost like not enough was put on or it rubbed against something. You really can't see it until you get close but it is a bit lighter than the rest of the fabric.
Curious, did you ever get your issues resolved? How is the picture quality, with the light colored walls?

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's pretty rare that I post something negative about a company, but in this case, it's a "caveat emptor" situation, so I'm doing it as a public service.

I've purchased three EluneVisions screens through Eastporters. The screens are great. They perform well. And beyond that, the customer service is great...when they want to sell you something.

Recently, I moved my 125" reference screen from the living room to a room I'm converting to a home theater area. I stepped on a dog toy and the screen's size ended up being a bit more difficult to re-direct than I anticipated. The screen came into contact with a corner of a small table, which resulted in a small slit/piercing about 1" in length.

I cannot afford a new screen at the moment, so I reached out to Eastporters via email, asking if they could send me a small sample of reference screen. It was nearly unnoticeable during playback, except for a small black line, which was the wall behind the screen (which I had painted black). I figured that if I just gently taped a small piece of screen over the slit, the black wall would no longer be visible, and while not an ideal solution, it would reduce it by about 50%. I never heard back from Eastporters.

I decided to contact EluneVision directly, as most screen manufacturers at least sell samples, even if they dont have any scrap laying around. They asked me if I wanted to purchase a new screen, as my plan was imperfect (I already was aware of this, obviously). I declined. They said they would probably be able to help me out. A week went by. All of a sudden I get an email from Elune, from someone whose title in the signature indicated they were an executive with the company. They referred me to an attachment in the email. Odd, but I went to check it out. Thankfully my Avira virus protection immediately quarantined it. I sent Elune an email and asked them what was going on, and they proceeded to tell me that they had been hacked by some sort of bot, and not to open any attachments.

After that, I did not hear back again. I emailed them for a 3rd time, asking if they were going to be able to help me out. Once again, a sales attempt was made. Once again I declined, and reiterated that I was happy to pay for a sample, I just wanted to figure out how to obtain one. They confirmed they do have samples. They said they would only charge me shipping, to which I happily agreed. I emailed them back yet again and asked how I should pay them. Once again, delayed response.

At that point I decided to see if a competitor might be willing to send me a sample. I figured it was so small, a close match of the same gain likely would not make any discernible difference, while still accomplishing my initial goal. The competitor was kind enough to ship one out right away.

So after two weeks, multiple sales attempts, unfulfilled promises, and a virus...EluneVision and Eastporters, with whom my buddy and I have spent over $10k with, never did follow through. Company B, one I hadn't even spent a dime with, obliged within five minutes, and I have the sample in-hand as I'm writing this.

Pretty lousy display of customer service, to say the least.
Amazing that people who want to do business don't fully comprehend the power of the internet, and that all the little things count. They get a sales and it's over in their head. So short-sighted.

1421 - 1440 of 1481 Posts