AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just d/l two sets of 100Mb+ files that are supposedly gold sp2 off the MS and conxion sites (official as it gets?)

Anyway I'm testing tommorrow as it's early morning now...

Bed time.

T.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Where on Microsoft's site? I checked the MSDN subscriber downloads section and the open-access areas and all I see is SP1. Is it still technically in beta?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
what is conxion? Is that part of microsoft? I would hate to download this and then find a differnt file on the MS win update site later.

Tim

·
Registered
445 Posts
I 2nd Brian's post. Installed in earlier today on my main WS and it seems to work fine. Plan to try it and the AC3 on our HTPC after wiping out the W98 later this weekend.

-Chris

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I doubt you'll have AC-3 until Creative updates their drivers to support it under Win2k.

tim

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Drat, I got to 103333k and my computer crashed. Downloading again. I will post whether or not I have AC-3 in WinDVD with my SB live as soon as the update is complete. Give me 10 mins.

tim

·
Registered
901 Posts
OK,

Downloaded, installed, tested, no difference.

I am running a Live 5.1 with 5.1 analogue outs and I still get sounds coming form the wrong speakers in WinDVD. PowerDVD works fine if selected for SPDIF output, even though I am using analogue output. WinDVD won't let me select SPDIF, only 6 channel(5.1).

I will try the SPDIF output later, but I don't hold out much hope.

------------------

------------

Simon Wilson
My Naff Home Page

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
AHHH.............!!!!!

The Beauty.........

The Glory............

The Dynamic...........

of Dolby Prologic....DRAT
s>

Well, with no tweaks or DVD Genie or anything all I get is Dolby Prologic. As a matter of fact, the S/pdif is still greyed out in WinDVD. I'll try some tweaking, who knows.

Tim

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I wouldn't worry about whether or not this is a legit download. MS always farms out high-volume downloads to conxion.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I think Creative Labs has temporarily taken their newsserver off line. Every 3rd or 4th post was how they dropped the ball on their sound card drivers.

Tim

·
Registered
613 Posts
creative.products.sound_blaster.live still off line.

Wimps!

------------------

Never underestimate the importance of Duct Tape and RTV

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Back online, but with no new drivers. Now their just being plain rude!

Tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.