AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was wondering if someone can help me here. I bought a cheap compusa blank dvdr to see if it would work in my Panasonic recorder but it seemed to freeze up my machine and now i'm stuck; can't get the damn tray to open back up so i can take it out. when I first put it in it seemed fine. I tried recording with it and it seemed fine also. But when i pressed stop, and it had that "writing to disc message" it stayed at 0%. Apparently it's not compatible with the machine. but anyway how can i take the thing out? I tried unplugging the unit but no luck. thanks, jason

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I can't imagine comp-usa selling cheap DVD-R. How much were they?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I experienced the same problem on my E-20 (three discs failed out of eight).

These discs (CompUSA) do work well with my Panasonic burner.

I shut the E-20's power button, then pushed it back on and was able to eject the discs on each occasion.

I also want to mention that the Vivistar discs seem trouble free with the E-20, as are the Apple discs (manufactured in Japan).

Good luck,

Peter M

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Man was I screwed. The machine totally froze on me and would only display "closed" (meaning tray was closed)on the panel. Nothing would work except when I held the power button for a few seconds it would turn off. That stupid disc really messed the machine up. Anyway for anyone who encounters a problem like this I had to power the machine off, then while it was turning on again and reading the disc, i lifted the panel where the disc comes out from and just shook the mechanism/tray with a pen that the disc was in. pretty scary because I thought maybe I would break it but I was desperate. It did work though as the machine probably malfunctioned when I did that and ejected the disc by default. So I would never use those CompUsa dvd-r's again. And for the guy who asked I believe they were $3.99 by the eaches, and cheaper by the 5-pk (around $18).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.