AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The email address for feedback regarding Zones appears to be dead.

I sent mail recently and got a standard brush-off FAQ.

If they're no longer going to maintain the mail address, they should remove it from the zones menu.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Why does that mean it's dead? I think all the email addresses auto-respond with the same FAQ email (I've heard several accounts elsewhere).

And, I believe that address is just that, for feedback. I'd not expect a real response in any case (same as email to the wishlist email address).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by leesweet
Why does that mean it's dead? I think all the email addresses auto-respond with the same FAQ email (I've heard several accounts elsewhere).

And, I believe that address is just that, for feedback. I'd not expect a real response in any case (same as email to the wishlist email address).
I'd expect the autoresponder for a feedback address to say "thanks for the feedback" or something else context-appropriate. Instead, the FAQ gave me troubleshooting tips.

If the feedback address isn't supposed to be one where people can respond, what are we supposed to do when we have problems with zones recording the wrong things? For example, my More! Travel zone kept recording a stupid new morning talk show during the week that had nothing to do with travel.

If they're uninterested in keeping the zones working properly, that seriously diminishes their value, and adds to the growing "broken feature" list.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
I agree it's stupid to not have a separate autoresponder for that address. However, I didn't have the idea (could be wrong) that the address was meant for troubleshooting inquiries (like "this zone doesn't work").

I would hope that support would able to address concrete Zone issues like yours, but based on prior experience, don't hold your breath!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.