AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
This show definitely broadens the viewer's horizons! I now believe 18-wheelers can fly! And ain't it just adorable how that precious sentient lil' bot has total empathy for other creatures and lower lifeforms (the sea turtle rescue), and no trouble with pattern recognition ("...are there whales in Wales?). The AI "kid" is just getting too damn cute for "her" artificial skin.

And Kindred obviously paid off that D.A., who is probably well on his way to becoming the Governor of New York.

·
Registered
26,896 Posts
You just know Piper is going to cure dad's cancer. And I'm beginning to think Zook was right about that giant plot hole when Kindred's fixer waltzed right past Chris into the house and then Jo ordered the scuttling of the Piper-wrecked car. Didn't make any sense at the time. But now that I've seen a few more episodes, it's beginning to. :p

WTH, it's summer popcorn entertainment. Except it's not summer. Darn.

·
Registered
14,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
You just know Piper is going to cure dad's cancer. And I'm beginning to think Zook was right about that giant plot hole when Kindred's fixer waltzed right past Chris into the house and then Jo ordered the scuttling of the Piper-wrecked car. Didn't make any sense at the time. But now that I've seen a few more episodes, it's beginning to. :p

WTH, it's summer popcorn entertainment. Except it's not summer. Darn.
My wife and I said the exact same thing, she is sooo going to cure him. Which I really hope she does, he plays an excellent character and we really like him. Always liked that actor anyway.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
The thing that gets me every week is Kindred obviously wants the kid back. Yet, she's there at the house with usually just an old man watching over her. A man with that much money and power could easily have some goons walk in and take her.

The things that Zookster pointed out where a lot of eye rolling moments.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
The thing that gets me every week is Kindred obviously wants the kid back. Yet, she's there at the house with usually just an old man watching over her. A man with that much money and power could easily have some goons walk in and take her.

The things that Zookster pointed out where a lot of eye rolling moments.
Speaking of Kindred, I didn't understand the point of him visiting Piper in some kind of holographic mindspace, which she isn't supposed to remember. And if he has that kind of access to her, why can't he just send her a line of code with a "come home" command?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Yeah, but if he takes her by force she's just going to blow up the house he puts her in, just like she did the last one. It appears Kindred has lost control over Piper and needs to convince her to go with him willingly, which he's going to accomplish by attacking what I guess is her robo subconscious, which is manifested as that museum. The question is whether Piper will be able to recover her lost memories and detect the danger before it's too late. I suspect the answer is no, because... drama! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
607 Posts
The reason nobody watches these types of shows on ABC is because they always cancel them prematurely.
Hopefully, the producers gave the show a good wrap-up story-line and not end on a cliffhanger like most of these shows do.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
I now feel torn about watching the rest of the episodes. A part of me feels like I should have known better than to start a high-concept sci-fi show on a major network in the first place. But there's a part of me that is still interested in these characters and wants to learn as much as I can, hopefully with at least some answers provided.

·
Registered
26,896 Posts
Wow, that was a quick hook. :eek: Thought it was doing fairly well in the ratings...? Guess not. Oh well. Alison Tolman will always have 'Fargo', Clancy Brown will always have 'Carnivale', and Terry O'Quinn will always have LOST. They were in some really good stuff once.

·
Registered
18,209 Posts
Of the few new shows I added this season only two are on a major network. And this is one. Man, they didn’t even give it a chance.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Highly disappointed but expected from ABC! I have two of their shows on my DVR , Emergence and Stumptown. Now I'm waiting for Stumptown to get axed. :D

·
Registered
792 Posts
...now I'm waiting for Stumptown to get axed. :D
I wouldn't worry too much about that; Stumptown is doing so well in the demos that ABC gave it a full season pickup (only 18 episodes per season in this case, per Cobie Smulders' contract). Hey, a girl has to keep her schedule open just in case Marvel Studios calls back!

IMHO, ABC panicked and dropped the ball with Emergence; The 10 pm time slot is a bad fit for a show of its nature; seems to me it would have worked way better in the ratings at 8 or 9 pm.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I now feel torn about watching the rest of the episodes. A part of me feels like I should have known better than to start a high-concept sci-fi show on a major network in the first place. But there's a part of me that is still interested in these characters and wants to learn as much as I can, hopefully with at least some answers provided.
I'm not torn at all. I enjoy the show and will gladly watch the rest of the season. At least they didn't yank it off the air, the way some networks do.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Did not the Emily reveal to Piper remind you of the performance by number 6 Cylon in BSG?
Even the red dress,

Reactions: archiguy

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Cancelled, though we'll get to see the initial 13-episode order: https://tvscorecards.com/emergence-cancelled-without-season-2-on-abc-exclusive/
I'm beginning to question the source of this original cancellation announcement. When I google "Emergence Cancelled," all the other articles only speculate about whether it will be cancelled, including this one posted today: https://www.cancelledscifi.com/2019/11/07/will-emergence-be-renewed-or-cancelled/

If ABC had made an official announcement about its cancellation, the news would be posted by numerous reputable websites that focus on the entertainment and TV industry.

101 - 120 of 224 Posts