AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 42" Emerson LCD at Walmart on Blackfriday. If there are any other owners floating around here chime in! There is almost zero information about this TV on the web.

I have managed to find that this TV is made my Hisense, a Chinese company. And is distributed by Hisense USA out of GA. The Hisense model number and Emerson model number are the same, LTDN42V68US.

Some Specs

42" LCD FHDTV

Native Resolution: 1920x1080 (1080p)

Refresh Rate: 120Hz

Color Depth: 10Bit(D), 1.07Billion

Contrast Ratio: 1300:1

Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 13000:1

Brightness: 500cd/m 2

Viewing Angle: 176

Response Time: 5ms

Aspect Ratio: 16:9

Hope to hear from some fellow owners!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I too bought one on Black Friday. I've got this 42" in my bedroom. I mostly watch my 52" Sony XBR2 in the den. Pretty fair picture for $398. Had to limit the graphic equalizer on lowest band. There is a little distortion when played at louder volumes. Open to compare settings for best picture. Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i too got one on bf and so far I'm loving it. and even with the ext warranty the price was very good. I'm sure there are tons of tv that have a better picture and are better overall but for the price i really like it. When using the dish network hd every time I change the channel the hdmi logo (from the tv) comes up. Is this normal and is there a way to avoid it? will blue ray be that much better than regular (not ppv) dish hd programing? thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm tired of that HDMI source popping up all the time. I called Emerson and the rep said it wasn't them. He said it was a Time Warner issue. I told him that it never appeared on my Sony in the den. So they don't know what to tell the consumer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagamecock
Open to compare settings for best picture.
I used the free calibration DVD available for download here. My setting are brightness 47, contrast 74, saturation 50 (no blue filter to calibrate), hue 0, sharpness 1, color temperature standard, and I didn't mess with advanced video or anything in the service menu. I set it up through my 360 and games and movies look great with those settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagamecock
I'm tired of that HDMI source popping up all the time. I called Emerson and the rep said it wasn't them. He said it was a Time Warner issue. I told him that it never appeared on my Sony in the den. So they don't know what to tell the consumer.
If you're talking about the blue square in the upper right hand corner that says HDMI and 1080p I don't think there is anyway around it. I don't have that issue as I just have a regular reciever, no HD, but I have an Xbox 360 hooked up via HDMI and I changed video settings to see if it comes up and it does. If there is a slight delay I think the TV scans for a source and its just gonna keep popping up. If I find anything out I will definitely let you know though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
well, I fixed my hdmi box problem. I hooked up my dish network via component and it looks great and the hdmi is now being used on the ps3 and no more problems. by the way ps3 blue ray movies and games look awesome. Does this tv have a game mode? and by the way i thought they were 60hrtz refresh not 120 like originally posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I own this TV too and I have a question about closed captioning.

I looked in all the menus I could find and didn't see anything at all about it, but I noticed the remote says CCD. I tried pressing that and nothing happened. There's an unidentified red button above it which I tried as well, and nothing at all.

I'd really like for closed captions to appear when the TV is on mute. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.