AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my understanding, choosing Input 1 on the TV allows you to use S-video 1 or AV input 1. When I have my cable box plugged into the video portion of AV1, i get nothing. If I plug it into S-video1, I get the picture. I don't think this matters, but I have the audio jacks going to my home theater system.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or is there something else that I need to do.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome to AVSforums

There is...

Video

8 ports

HDMI - port HDTV and SDTV

RF - port (SATV, ANTV, CATV)

Video 1 (Composite Video (Yellow) and S-Video)

Video 2 (Composite Video (Yellow) and S-Video)

Component 1 (Green Red Blue)

Component 2 (Green Red Blue)

Audio

5 ports

Analog Stereo Audio

Digital Coax

HDMI

What are you using to plugin devices? Cable box, Digital Cable Box, Dish TV or ANT)

Really not that hard, and very easy to hook devices to this set.

Here's what I have:

HDMI - using Motorola DCT 6416 III Dual Tuner SDTV/HDTV DVR

RF - not in use (planning on using it though)

Video 1 - S-Video - Media MVP (network LAN streaming media of video and audio)

Video 2 - S-Video - wireless laser keyboard, mouse, WLAN, WWAN, laptop

Component - Philip Divx DVD Player

Component - FUNAI SV2000 VCR 4-HEAD HI-FI STEREO RECORDER + DVD RECORDER

I don't use the audio jacks since the HDMI cable carries digital audio so I use the DCT Optical Toshlink to my Pioneer Component DST/Dolby Digital Multi-Channel Receiver)

Both the DCT and Emerson have Digital Coax Surround Sound. But I have that used by the Philips so that's why I've opt for the Optical line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried my cable box and dvd player in the standard yellow RCA jack, put it on Input 1 and got a black screen. I can plug either of them into S-video though and get a picture. From what I understand, input 1 controls both S-video1 and RCA1, so I should get something when plugged into the yellow RCA, but I'm not. I'm wondering If i just got a bum TV and need to exchange it.

And thanks for the warm welcome =)

·
Registered
818 Posts
You won't be able to connect Yellow Composite and S-Video in at the same time. They share the input. So it would be one or the other. I would recommend S-Video for a better picture if you can't do Component with is very better. HDMI you'll need digital HDTV box for that or some sort of upconvert DVD player (I don't recommend those waste of money) Just have to wait for the HD DVD Players to come down lower at the end of the year which is projected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.