AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the Emerson PL-P424-10A on sale at Walmart. Got it home, it was fine for the first little while. Now it is stuck in Store Demo mode and I can't get it out! What do I do? How can I fix this? It's driving me nuts!

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmy4babies /forum/post/18277960

Bought the Emerson PL-P424-10A on sale at Walmart. Got it home, it was fine for the first little while. Now it is stuck in Store Demo mode and I can't get it out! What do I do? How can I fix this? It's driving me nuts!

Try unplugging it for a few minutes, then when you turn it back on it may give you an initial setup screen where you have the choice of selecting STORE or HOME mode. If that doesn't work, try holding down the power button on the TV itself for several seconds and see if that resets the TV (these are the procedures for a Panasonic).

Doesn't the operating manual tell you how to correct this issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The manual is very unclear. I have tried calling customer service for Emerson, but they are telling me that this tv is not one of theirs, and then give me a number for another department. That happened 4 times, and the last person I called could only tell me to google it and see what comes up. Very frustrating, if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I can't find anything about that model anywhere.

Emerson is a Funai owned brand. You were probably routed to Funai's support or something along those lines. Maybe try contacting them directly? http://www.funai.us/support/index.html

Also perhaps this is related to the similarly named Emerson 42" plasma that was on sale for Black Friday? It was actually made by Samsung for Emerson, maybe that's what the support people were trying to say?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=120060

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's the Samsung PN42B450 model rebadge.

If I remember correctly (I have PN42A450) there is a simple setting that you can turn off if you unplug and replug. I know it's been discussed on here before... search under both of those part numbers and it'll be in here somewhere.

-c

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Feel free to contact them. I called Funai first, and they routed me to another Emerson #, who then routed me back to Funai. The last person I spoke with could only tell me to Google it to find out who to contact.

Thanks, Probe. I'll do that right now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Try this

Push the volume button on the television set (not the remote) up once.

Then press the menu button (TV, not remote) for about 12 seconds.

It should flash once and go to dynamic mode (center, bottom of the screen), which will indicate that it is now in the "non-store-demo" mode, allowing you to save your picture settings, and access the menus.

Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts