AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Airmotiv S15 15" Powered Subwoofer anyone have thoughts on this sub? I know the emotiv speakers are raved about on here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At its current price of $799, shipped, IMO it seems like a reasonably-priced alternative to other ID subs around that price point:
- 15" driver + 15" passive radiator
- 650W (RMS/continuous) amp
- 20-200Hz +/-3dB
Hence my asking if anyone has experience with it.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
For about $95 more you can get the more flexible HSU VTF-3 MK5. Also you would be getting a subwoofer that is not being discontinued.

Very little is known about the Emotiva S15, unlike the VTF-3 MK 5 which has received rave reviews including in SoundandVision magazine.

·
Registered
303 Posts
^^^ What he said. If you're buying speakers, Emotiv is a solid choice. There probably is a reason you cant find info or reviews on that sub. Double down on buying a dead product, why?

HSU

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^ What he said. If you're buying speakers, Emotiv is a solid choice. There probably is a reason you cant find info or reviews on that sub. Double down on buying a dead product, why?

HSU
Other option would be SVS PB-2000 Pro.
My issue is trying to be the sub shipped to me in Alaska. Crutchfield will do it for free same with emotiv.
With hsu you have to double the cost to get it shipped

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At its current price of $799, shipped, IMO it seems like a reasonably-priced alternative to other ID subs around that price point:
- 15" driver + 15" passive radiator
- 650W (RMS/continuous) amp
- 20-200Hz +/-3dB
I know on paper it seems good for the price.
Anyone running this sub?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Most likely not. Its probably an "OK" sub for the price. Emotiv is a pretty good company with good products as far as their speakers and amps. I have never heard of anyone running their sub. Thoughts are what you will most likely get.

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Emotiva had a series of inexpensive subs that were very well reviewed for the price. My guess is that it is a perfectly competent sub that might be worth taking a chance on in your case.

Reactions: eljaycanuck
1 - 12 of 12 Posts