AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many people in here seem to love the C1.

My question, why? I'll bet there isn't a review of this speaker I haven't read, but the thing is...that's an easy statement to make. There are hardly any.

The reason I'm asking is, because based on the hype in here, I tracked down a 3 month old C1 for $230 CA, and purchased it.

What is driving the high opinion of the center? Virtually no reviews on line.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Since you have it there is nothing that will compare to you're ears and listening to it. If you enjoy it that's really all that matters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you have it there is nothing that will compare to you're ears and listening to it. If you enjoy it that's really all that matters.

I hope I love it. Won't know for a few more days.

Took the advice of all the posters in here.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Agreed. Reviews are good to sort of get the ball rolling but ultimately you are the one who has to live with it. The best speaker is simply the one you like the best!

Reactions: Lp85253

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I hope I love it. Won't know for a few more days.

Took the advice of all the posters in here.

What do you have for your other speakers?

·
Registered
17,061 Posts
My question, why? I'll bet there isn't a review of this speaker I haven't read, but the thing is...that's an easy statement to make. There are hardly any. Virtually no reviews on line.
Speakers that are widely reviewed online like the Pioneer Andrew Jones (which we now know are not all that great based on actual user feedback here) usually enjoy a coordinated marketing effort on behalf of the company behind them, especially bigger and deeper-pocketed companies. Some even employ "brand management" contractors to use bots to plant glowing shill reviews on Amazon and the like.

If YOU were a professional speaker reviewer, what do you think you're more likely to end up reviewing:

1. A widely known, big brand speaker whose name on your magazine's cover or website front page would be sure to generate clicks, buzz, and sales?

2. A speaker whose manufacturer has kindly sent you a pair to listen to (either a loaner pair or a "free" review pair), and perhaps has even designated a PR staffer to follow up with you and develop an amicable relationship?

3. A speaker company that advertises in your audio publication/website, or COULD potentially advertise in your audio publication/website?

4. Some combination of #1 , 2, and 3?

or

5. A small, relatively new and obscure speaker company that doesn't do #2 or 3, and whose products aren't carried in big box stores or even on Amazon?

;)

Reactions: MUDCAT45

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ELAC Debut F5s
ELAC Debut 2.0 B6s
SVS PB-1000

Height - Polk RC80Is

Denon AVR-X3600H

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
So many people in here seem to love the C1.

My question, why? I'll bet there isn't a review of this speaker I haven't read, but the thing is...that's an easy statement to make. There are hardly any.

The reason I'm asking is, because based on the hype in here, I tracked down a 3 month old C1 for $230 CA, and purchased it.

What is driving the high opinion of the center? Virtually no reviews on line.

It's a well designed speaker that will perform well above it's price point. Reviewers aren't being paid to review it so you won't see much on the web.

Reactions: leecreek and sigpig

·
Registered
233 Posts
Any updates or impressions on the C1?

·
Registered
17,061 Posts
Loved them when I had them with some B1s. Wish I hadn't sold them. Very nice full sound, lots of satisfying detail even at low/moderate volumes, zero harshness.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Loved them when I had them with some B1s. Wish I hadn't sold them. Very nice full sound, lots of satisfying detail even at low/moderate volumes, zero harshness.
Would you still consider the C1 + a pretty significant upgrade over the CLR 2000. The only reason I ask is the 2000 I have has two 6.5 inche drivers where as the C1 has 5.5s.

I always wanted to try a 3 way design for a Center and the C2 plus just looks ginormous compared to the C1 and other Center's out there. Wife would probably not like the C2.

I just dont want to miss out in scenes like the one in War of the Worlds where the Fighter Jet flies right over my my head.

·
Registered
17,061 Posts
Would you still consider the C1 + a pretty significant upgrade over the CLR 2000. The only reason I ask is the 2000 I have has two 6.5 inche drivers where as the C1 has 5.5s.

I always wanted to try a 3 way design for a Center and the C2 plus just looks ginormous compared to the C1 and other Center's out there. Wife would probably not like the C2.

I just dont want to miss out in scenes like the one in War of the Worlds where the Fighter Jet flies right over my my head.
C1 is a 3 way design, which is generally preferred over 2 way MTM centers.

However, the safest bet due to free return shipping would be the Infinity RC-263, also 3 way but with 6.5" woofers and back in stock at the gob-smacking sale price of $160. Grab it while you can!

https://www.harmanaudio.com/loudspeakers/REFERENCE+RC263.html

·
Registered
932 Posts

I had the CLR-3000 (and CLR-2002 before it) for a good while and, after getting my C2, don't miss it. I feel my C2 sounds much more natural and even bigger, so I'd expect the C1 to exhibit more natural sound but be comparable in volume/scale to the CLR-2000. The C2 IMO would be a definite upgrade for you.

·
Registered
17,061 Posts

·
Registered
17,061 Posts
Been out a couple of days.
It was back in stock yesterday afternoon when I posted that link in this thread...probably the last bit of inventory they found, and only accessible through the slickdeals.com website. Wonder if JBL/Harman are still getting their normal shipments despite the c19 lockdown disruptions...maybe this will be the last big sale like that for a long whiles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Been using it for a couple of months and really like. Fills the room that is approx. 20 x 10.

Very happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Been using it for a couple of months and really like. Fills the room that is approx. 20 x 10.

Very happy with my purchase.

Glad to hear that. I may be looking to upgrade very soon! I hoped they had an option in white but no luck. I called Emotiva last week and confirmed.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had the CLR-3000 (and CLR-2002 before it) for a good while and, after getting my C2, don't miss it. I feel my C2 sounds much more natural and even bigger, so I'd expect the C1 to exhibit more natural sound but be comparable in volume/scale to the CLR-2000. The C2 IMO would be a definite upgrade for you.
Thank you for the response. That make a lot of sense and I'm definitely interested in a 3 way Center Channel now!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts