AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Emotiva airmotiv t2 width, can someone measure theirs

Can someone that has the airmotiv t2 measure the cabinet width?
The specs say 12 3/16” wide. I’m hoping that’s the width at the feet not of the actual speaker cabinet.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Stereophile says the T2 is 10.7" wide. If you are referring to the T2+, then the 12+" width applies. You will have to contact Emotiva to get clarification if that is the cabinet width or the footing width.

·
Registered
17,056 Posts
Can someone that has the airmotiv t2 measure the cabinet width?
The specs say 12 3/16” wide. I’m hoping that’s the width at the feet not of the actual speaker cabinet.
Thanks
I hope you are not planning to cram them into some tiny cubby hole where they're surrounded on both sides and have no rear clearance. That would be an extremely BAD idea...decent speaker placement is at least 60% of how a speaker actually SOUNDS in any given room.

Invest about 30 minutes reading up:
https://www.google.com/search?q=correct+speaker+placement+tips&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t

Reactions: mpk1970

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope you are not planning to cram them into some tiny cubby hole where they're surrounded on both sides and have no rear clearance. That would be an extremely BAD idea...decent speaker placement is at least 60% of how a speaker actually SOUNDS in any given room.

Invest about 30 minutes reading up:
https://www.google.com/search?q=correct+speaker+placement+tips&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t
My living room. Home theater. Child play room. Man cave. Kitchen extension social area are all one place. It’s what I have to work with.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,056 Posts
My living room. Home theater. Child play room. Man cave. Kitchen extension social area are all one place. It’s what I have to work with.
In that case, you need to go with SEALED CABINET or FRONT PORTED speakers. Especially the L/R ones, and forget towers for those because those corners are murder for them.

Just do a little experiment with what you already have: put on some music in 2 channel stereo. Now, pull those towers forward and sharply toe them in at least 30 degrees. I guarantee you it will be a big improvement. If you can't do that due to WAF or child safety concerns, then best thing you can do is wall mount compact bookshelf speakers for your L/R so that you can toe them in. This will prevent the L/R walls from smothering half of their output.

If you don't want to do that, next best thing would be three horizontal center speakers lined up across the front underneath the TV. Four good good options:

• Emotiva C1 (sealed)
  • Ascend 200SE (sealed)
  • RSL CG25 (front ported) - free return shipping
  • HTD Level 3 center (front ported) - free return shipping
You could also do a horizontal center with 2 single woofer speakers for L/R: RSL CG25 with 2 x CG5. Or mix 2 x CG5 or 2 x Ascend 200SE with an Emotiva C1 since that is the only 3 way sealed center in that price range.

Reactions: Lp85253

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine are 10 5/8
Yes, mine are about 10 3/4 wide by 12 deep. Feet are at the corners of those, so no outriggers. They are big speakers and so should be in a big room. For a more modest room, try the T1+ or new T0.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
i 2nd Zorba's idea of bookshelf speakers.. your truly wasting money on towers in that set up .. you just don't have the space...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts