AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanted to share my experience with emotiva.i recently had problems with my erc-1.i sent it back to emotiva for repair.i just received the replacement today.i was not prepared for what i got.instead of just repairing my player they sent me a brand new unit.cd player and remote.this kind of service goes beyond anything i have experienced with any type of eletronics.the reason for spending the extra for the dedicated player was the build quality,hdcd decoding,and the warranty.this company stands behind their products and then some.i couldn't be happier.if it sounds better than other players,i really can't say.what i can say is the sound is as good as anything i have owned or heard.for me the difference is the build quality and support which are top notch.

· Registered
15,246 Posts
That's great. What was wrong with the one you originally had?

· Registered
6,156 Posts
Quote without comment:
Quote:
i recently had problems with my erc-1.i sent it back to emotiva for repair.
Quote:
the reason for spending the extra for the dedicated player was the build quality

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the player would not eject a cd.it would still play but not eject.i geuss it was a case of bad luck.i haven't heard of anyone else having this type of issue.anyway,i am very happy to have my player back and i know that if i have any other problem it will be taken care of.

· Registered
22 Posts
They sent me a brand new one also. The reason for my new one was that one of the four plastic feets on the bottom of the cd player was about 1 or 2 millimeters shorter than the other three. This caused the player to rock/tether ever ever so slightly if you apply hard pressure to the corner. I think 99% of all people would not have ever noticed this, but I am extremely anal! I called and was on the phone. After about 5 minutes on the phone, the tech said, thats weird.. so he said they will ship me a brand new one, along with a shipping return lable in the new box to return the old one once I receive the new one. Got the new one in about 2 days and boxed the old one up to return to them. I think the problem with the original one i had was that they might have used a bit more glue or less glue on one of the legs causing it to be just so slightly of balance. But it was super service non the less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.