AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving into a townhome. We won't have room for my Polk Rti12's. I'm considering the Emotiva erm 6.2's or maybe some energy bookshelf speakers. Any suggestions? I'd like to get something as good or maybe a little better.

The living room is open to the dining room so its about a 20' x 25' area.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakapo /forum/post/19643910

I'm moving into a townhome. We won't have room for my Polk Rti12's. I'm considering the Emotiva erm 6.2's or maybe some energy bookshelf speakers. Any suggestions? I'd like to get something as good or maybe a little better.

The living room is open to the dining room so its about a 20' x 25' area.

I haven't heard the Emotiva's, but I recently picked up two pairs or Energy CB-5's and a CC-5 for my 5.1 setup and am very happy with them so far. I kinda wish I held out for the CB-10's for the front l/r to have a slightly lower crossover point with my PSW505 sub, but they still sound great to me. I've been listening to mostly music so far and they are detailed and accurate.

- Jason

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm leaning towards the Ascend Acoustics. How do the CMT340's compare to the sierra 1's? I wish I could hear them... it's hard to "listen" to speaker reviews. I wonder how they will sound in comparison to my Polk RTi12's? They are 1/3rd the retail price of my towers. If I get them, I'll probably invest in a much better subwoofer. I might wait until I can find a used set locally so I know what I'm buying.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakapo /forum/post/19646021

I'm leaning towards the Ascend Acoustics. How do the CMT340's compare to the sierra 1's? I wish I could hear them... it's hard to "listen" to speaker reviews. I wonder how they will sound in comparison to my Polk RTi12's? They are 1/3rd the retail price of my towers. If I get them, I'll probably invest in a much better subwoofer. I might wait until I can find a used set locally so I know what I'm buying.

I own both the CMT-340SE and the Sierra-1 and the sound, as you might expect, is similar. The Sierra-1 is capable of deeper bass but the SMT-340SE has higher sensitivity. The Sierra-1 is smaller and a much better looking speaker. Both are rear-ported but for those of us with subwoofers Ascend offers an optional (extra cost) low pressure port plug for the Sierra-1 that will let you place them closer to the wall.

The game changer is the new NrT tweeter for the Sierra-1. I have no idea when Ascend will start offering them with their production product but for now it's an upgrade item. The new tweeter offers even more detail than the originals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts