AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a upa 2 to push some infinity sm125 studio monitors for rears. It does have more power and is alot cleaner than my integra 6.3.. I should be getting more bass from those 12s than im getting. Whats another way i could wire those speakers to go to a 4 ohm load?

·
Registered
15,090 Posts
Changing impedance won't have any effect on the bass from the speakers. That's determined by the low frequency crossover that you've configured for them in the receiver. I can't find a manual online, so I can't help with the details. Maybe someone else can.

At any rate, to get low bass to be emitted the speakers, they need to be configured as "full range" in the receiver, or, equivalently, with a very low crossover frequency. It might be possible to improve the speakers' bass output by using external equalizers, but maybe not. Low bass volume could be due to their positions in the room, causing nulls in your listening area, which equalizers couldn't do anything about.

A quick web search seems to indicate that the bass from these speakers is not as good as you might expect.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
say its not that great. ive got a jamo xsub 12 in. but still thespeakers sound good just want more lowend. my frequency on the reciever adjust from 80 100 120. does it need to be on 80?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts