AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a separate amp to drive my Aperion Intimus 5T speakers. These 3 amps are all in the same price range.

What would people recommend in terms of sound quality? I'd prefer warmth, imaging, and depth over pure power.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I would not look for those qualities in an amp, but maybe that's just me. Imaging and depth seem more likely related to speakers/acoustics. Warmth could either indicate a frequency response issue, or a lack of distortion, IMO. Can't help with a roller off response, but any of those amps should provide a lot of power, which would hopefully reduce the chance of distortion from clipping.

Not everyone shares my views, of course

I own an XPA-3, and it has been trouble free, except for the first one I got, which was more or less DOA (it did power up, than failed in a big way with sparks and smoke...they promptly sent a new one, even before they got my old one.)

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
I agree. Any of those would likely suffice. The Anthem is the only one I've actually had of that bunch and I loved it. It's had some glowing reviews for its music capabilties for the price from the "golden ears" boys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I ordered the NAD T955 since I found a good deal on it for a brand new unit with a 2 year warranty! Excited!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts