AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all . i have seen alot of people using emotiva amp... i am trying to figure why and what those amp doing... is it something u use paired with a regular avr (rxa1010) in my case... ?

can i use emativa for my center and l/r and let my rxa1010 take care of the sorround ???

i dont understand how it wirks exactly tbh .. does those amp can decode all the last format ? truehd etc

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
An amplifier amplifies the signal it receives. All the decoding and processing is done in the processor or receiver/avr. Essentially an amp will make stuff louder and is useful when you dont have enough power in your receiver to play content back with out excessive distortion at your desired spl levels in your listening position. Competently designed amps will not add any coloration to the signal it receives.

in order to connect an amp to your reciever or avr you need to have pre-out jacks on the back of your receiver. you connect the pre-out jacks to the amp using rca cables. You then connect your speakers to the speaker terminals on the amp using regular speaker wire.

the emotiva xpa-3 is an excellent 3 channel amp and could very easily power your center and mains while your avr powers the surrounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.