AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Emperor's New Groove

814 Views 14 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Wooderson
Around 7:50 PM ET in Detroit, we lost the HD feed of "Emperor's New Groove" and went to upconverted analog. Was this peculiar to Detroit, or did it happen elsewhere?

Whatever happened, it's too bad, because the image quality was pretty good tonight.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Same thing in Philly. I agree, it was good up until that point.

Two days, two scew-ups. I wanted to watch Apollo 13 yesterday, and my kids wanted to see Emporer tonight. Oh well!
Don't blame your affiliate!

ABC switched to an upconverted 4:3 on the HD satellite network feed.
Nope.

BEV is still showing it at 8:17pm in Hd from Boston.
On WFAA in Dallas the movie has has been HD all night except for one less than 10 minute segment.

Roddie
Looks like it's back!

(And Geoff, check your watch!)
I checked again at 8:32 ET, and it is indeed back in HD. Boo to ABC for the accidental switch, but thanks to them for fixing their mistake.
Looks good out of Baltimore. Nice recovery ABC.
KGO-DT 7-1 in San Francisco may be having

a problem. The upper half of my picture looks

like a field of green posts with the bottom

half of the movie showing fine below.

Did anyone else see it

this way? Looks like some sort of decoder

problem. My HiPix is showing the other channels

(including the 4:3 7-2 alternate SD chan) fine.
See less See more
Quote:
The upper half of my picture looks like a field of green posts with the bottom half of the movie showing fine below
I saw the same thing. It lasted for about 15 minutes. I was about to power the DTC100 off and on, and just then, it came back.
Picture great, sound screwed up as usual. Am I the only person having trouble here in Portland with KATU and audio? Right now I am watching "The Practice" and as usual no center and all audio coming out the left channel only. All CBS show are fine and when KATU switches to local dropins audio is fine.

Whats up KATU???

Mark
ENG looked and sounded great here in LA from beginnnig to end. Question: does the dvd also lack in surrounds or was it just me? It seems to be pretty sparse when it came to rear signals.

The Practice looked like an upconvert. Very dull, lifeless almost and washed out. Maybe it's intentional since it's court drama.
I was so annoyed that the audio was off again for ENG. Why can't ABC figure out how to properly sync audio and video? I did notice, however, that after the SD/HD glitch around 8:00pm EDT, the audio was in better alignment. Still off, but not quite as bad.

The video quality was outstanding.
Quote:
Originally posted by AllenD
ENG looked and sounded great here in LA from beginnnig to end. Question: does the dvd also lack in surrounds or was it just me? It seems to be pretty sparse when it came to rear signals.

The Practice looked like an upconvert. Very dull, lifeless almost and washed out. Maybe it's intentional since it's court drama.
There were a couple places where the surrounds were great!!! When they were in the jungle there were birds and stuff all around.. You may want to get your stereo checked.:D
NO HD in Cleveland. Just SD. I kept checking back, but nothing. At least they flipped the switch on a couple minutes after Alias started.:)
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.