AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I finally get my DD/DTS receiver, pop in a movie for the kids and...where is the surround? Onkyo 898 and Sony DVD360, working perfectly for everything else, including TPM, DVD Demystified and even the THX trailer on ENG, but gives NO surround channel information for the movie ENG, in either DD or DTS. Most noticeable when the story catches up with the narrator with the llama sitting alone in the rain. The narrator's voice no longer comes from the center channel. It comes from the left, but is very weak and sounds as though it should be mainly from the left surround, but nothing is there. I checked occasionally throughout the movie, never heard a single sound from surrounds.

I should note that the receiver correctly identified both DD and DTS automatically, and still no surrounds.

Another thing I noticed with this disc is that I cannot change audio tracks in my DVD player's menu, only in the disc menu options. Is this common? I haven't noticed it before.

Anybody else corroborate or refute this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.