AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rented EotS and watched it tonight. Not a bad transfer but it had several places where it looked like they just lost several frames. The scene just jumped. This was totally repeatable and was at least 3 or 4 frames worth. I dont think it was an inverse telecine error. The most obvious one is very close to the beginning where Jamie's parents tuck him in bed. You can see this in the line of his mother's dress. Anyone seen this?

Also, I recall seeing it in the theater when it came out and in my memory, it was in a very wide format (2.35-ish). However, imdb says OTA was 1.66 and thats what the DVD was. Am I misremembering? Also, imdb doesn't think its out on DVD.

DVD player is a Pana xp50, in progressive mode.

By the way, this is a great movie. I'd forgotten that Malkovitch starred in it.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by philba

By the way, this is a great movie. I'd forgotten that Malkovitch starred in it.
It is one of Steven Speilberg's best movie. There is a masterful description of the kid's family at the begining of the movie. I have been there, seing this, living in the same kind of diplomatic mansion in Asia when I was a kid, and it is just extraordinary movie making.

·
Registered
202 Posts
This was one of my first LD purchases. I haven't watched the entire DVD, but mine is 1:85:1.

"P-51 Cadillac of the sky" chapter is still one of my favorite scenes. It is smooth on my DVD. The sound is a little lower level on the DVD, the early morning salute and solo needs more boost than on my LDV.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear you john, I lived in Bangkok as a kid - the priviledge and arogance was spot on. Although it wasn't quite the same as the pre-war Shanghai Taipans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.