AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me a better sub under 1000. if u cant im gonna get the thing. no more reading my mind made up. someone change my mind.

·
Registered
653 Posts
$1000 bucks can get you a lot of sub. We need more info. For music? HT? How large is the listening area?

There are other options. I've never heard them but I've read great things on:

Rhythmik F15 or D15

ED A5-350

HSU VTF-3 MK3

Personally, I have 2 Empires and love them. But the others I've mentioned are supposed to be great for $1000 also.

·
Registered
477 Posts
You already have a thread named Epik Empire. You should use that if you are going to be asking about the same sub instead of starting a whole new thread.

Oh and there are lots of great subs at $1000.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would have stayed on the same thread but pepole quit responding. i like hip hop rock anything that jams. my room is 20 by 20 with 15 ft ceiling.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michwill36 /forum/post/18200825

i would have stayed on the same thread but pepole quit responding. i like hip hop rock anything that jams. my room is 20 by 20 with 15 ft ceiling.

That's by design. People quit responding because there aren't even any measurements of this sub.

So, you or anyone can make any claims about it you want...then it must be the best ever designed or sold.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey im sorry i started another one . give me 3 lashes with a woofer basshead. im just trying to get serious answers . 2 15s rule.

·
Registered
477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michwill36 /forum/post/18201073

how old are the guys on here talking about subs. 20s 30s 40s 50s?

That is irrelevent to the discussion of this topic. There are people plenty younger and older than me who know quite a bit more than I do. I enjoy their insight to setup and new product availabilities and developments. That and your other thread is still getting some discussion.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov /forum/post/18201796

588-2300 EMPIRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Sorry, couldn't help it

HAHA

Why is there no measurement data on the empire? Nobody that has invested that sort of coin on a sub has taken the time to download and utilize REW for theyre own and everyone else's knowledge? Thats odd! But to me spending that sort of money on an unknown is ODD as well. Its like me saying you guys paypal me $500 each and ill send you something better than the svs pb 13 ultra. I didnt say what ill send you it could be a gallon of ice cream and to me that could be better than a pb 13 ultra since i like ice cream. LOL i know i know horrible example but valid IMO. Its personal preference. No hard data FACTS to back it up and warrant the risk. Not knocking it at all, ive got nothing to knock or compare it to. And ive never had the honor of hearing one. Although, I almost had the chance to hear 2, by helping a forum member setup and calibrate there's. But last minute they got a change of heart and thought i was a serial killer or something to that effect

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michwill36 /forum/post/18201073

how old are the guys on here talking about subs. 20s 30s 40s 50s?

YES! 60s and probably 70s, too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Never seen a guy open up 2 threads on the same topic already spoken of in other very popular threads and still hasn't bought one yet! What are you waiting on? Pull the trigger already lol!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Now now guys. This is a good sum of money here to some of us. Take your time michwill36.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i agree . ishould of read more on here before i started talking. i just discovered this website 2 or 3 days ago. never done forums before. i love speakers though and the stuff that pushes em.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You found the right place then... Nothing but A/V-aholics in here. Best part is most of them has spent the money to know what is best in most situations so you don't have too. Just got a lot to read to find out. Rock On!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts