AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Emptek speakers have arrived along with my SVS PB1000. I went with E55ti for (L,R),E5ci(C) and E5bi( surround) with that being said all I can say it," WOW". The sound stage is perfect for my room that is16.8x11.8x9ft ceiling. The sub is everything it was made out to be and I could not be happier. First movie was Prometheus and it sounded ridiculous. I then threw in COD Ghosts and that was even more ridiculous. For the price point on these speakers they are really worth it.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
glad you like them. Out of curiosity what speakers did you have previously?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its actually been a few years since I have had a system. When I worked at a electronics retailer a while back called Incredible Universe I went through a number of brands. One of the best bookshelf speakers I had back then was made by KEF. I actually went and listened to some towers at Best Buy before this purchase to check on a couple brands. Compared to what I heard there I would say the Emptek's edged out the Def Tech's and Energy Towers. I then went to Sound Advice and drooled at the higher end towers made by B&W, Martin Logan etc... This is where the comparison leaned away from Empteks but, in some cases you get what you pay for. For the looks, price point, warranty, free shipping and sound quality the Emptek's are a good choice. I only have a few hours on them also so I would imagine it will get a little better as they break in more.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Glad you like them! I might have recommend the bigger center instead, but things should still sound very good. It really is hard to beat this combination of price, performance, and appearance, and they should bring you lots of enjoyment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was having a hard time trying to decide on what center to go with and was set on the larger center. After mocking up its dimensions with some cardboard and measure my seating distance I was concerned I would be to close. I would be a little over 6ft away, so I contacted emptek explained the situation and he said the larger center was designed for a big room. At least bigger than mine and we both felt I would not get the maximum benefit from it because I would have to use it a lower volumes and it shines the best with higher volumes.They assured me the e5ci would do just fine and they were right. It sounds very natural and blends in well.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I wouldn't call my living room big it only goes about 13 feet back. But I like BIG sound and I'm coming from a klipsch RC-62II which is very in your face. So I went with the E56Ci. In fact I bought a whole new TV stand that had a middle section that was wide enough to fit the thing. Because it IS 31" wide. The reason I asked what speakers you had before is I was trying to gauge how much better these emps might be than the klipsch. BC I still really do love some things about the klipsch.

I can't wait to try these out and do some extensive testing now that I can aim the klipsch up at ear height now.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodx1  /t/1520036/emptek-impression-series#post_24420510

I was having a hard time trying to decide on what center to go with and was set on the larger center. After mocking up its dimensions with some cardboard and measure my seating distance I was concerned I would be to close. I would be a little over 6ft away, so I contacted emptek explained the situation and he said the larger center was designed for a big room. At least bigger than mine and we both felt I would not get the maximum benefit from it because I would have to use it a lower volumes and it shines the best with higher volumes.They assured me the e5ci would do just fine and they were right. It sounds very natural and blends in well.

Ah yeah for sitting that close the smaller center should work fine.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I have the small center. I don't have any complaints about its sound but I can tell you it isn't well timbre matched to the towers. My guess is that is that it is timbre matched to the bookshelf models. For me that isn't a big issue. Most of the time the center is just delivering dialogue and so I don't view timbre matching as a matter of as much importance as others do. But that;s my impression of the Impression small center.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts