Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Have tried using both power and win dvd, and it happens with both.

i am trying to play a rip from dvdshrink, and it works fine if i select sound card as the output. as soon as i choose spdif out, the pc reboots when i try to play the movie.

i have an intel setup with an audigy 1 sound card, using the coax output.

have searched but not found anything about this.

thanks!

s.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Simon,

What video card are you using? I have an ATI Radeon 8500DV and with the latest Catalyst driver (4.1) , I can no longer watch a DVD via PowerDVD without the PC rebooting due to a "fatal error". I am able to watch a DVDShrink rip from the hard drive, I just can't watch the original DVD. I have not tried with an analog sound connection because I think the problem is video related.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Gainward Geforce 4200Ti, using the latest drivers from nvidia.

I was wondering if it might be the sound card, i hear that its not too highly regarded.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well Simon, it looks like our problems are not the same. I have never experienced any stability issues outputting DVD audio through SPDIF or analog outs for that matter. I have a Revo 7.1.

Is it possible that there is a conflict between the Audigy and some built-in component? Does your mobo have built-in audio?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does, but not digital out. It only with multi channel output too, as I use it connected digital all day every day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.