AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the process of building a new HTPC that will be connected to a 1366x768 LCD TV. The new HTPC is built on a G41 motherboard, and running Windows 7.

My current (soon to be previous...) HTPC is connected to the same TV and is based on NVidia 6150 chipset. Enabling native resolution with that computer was easy using the NVidia driver. The settings I used to achieve native resolution are attached.

Now, I obviously want to apply the same timings on the new HTPC. Problem is the G41 driver doesn't have a UI for entering these parameters. So I did some research, and found the thread about DTD Calculator.

I think I know the general path I should follow. What I am missing, I guess, is "translating" the values used in the current HTPC to a proper DTD. Once I know that, I suppose it is just a matter of hacking the registry with DTD Calculator to get the exact same resolution as in my new HTPC.

Any help on that or other suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrox /forum/post/18295503

Hi,

I am in the process of building a new HTPC that will be connected to a 1366x768 LCD TV. The new HTPC is built on a G41 motherboard, and running Windows 7.

My current (soon to be previous...) HTPC is connected to the same TV and is based on NVidia 6150 chipset. Enabling native resolution with that computer was easy using the NVidia driver. The settings I used to achieve native resolution are attached.

Now, I obviously want to apply the same timings on the new HTPC. Problem is the G41 driver doesn't have a UI for entering these parameters. So I did some research, and found the thread about DTD Calculator.

I think I know the general path I should follow. What I am missing, I guess, is "translating" the values used in the current HTPC to a proper DTD. Once I know that, I suppose it is just a matter of hacking the registry with DTD Calculator to get the exact same resolution as in my new HTPC.

Any help on that or other suggestions will be appreciated.

Been a long time since I calculated one of these by hand, but I think this is right:

24 23 58 B0 51 00 41 30 48 90 13 00 00 00 00 00 00 1C

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks archibael (I was hoping you will help...
). Will try it in a day or two - busy weekend ahead - hopefully my next post will only say "thanks you, it works"...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
archibael,

Well, I finally got to trying it last night (boy, I can't find time for this...).

It seems like the resolution is now OK. I don't experience any overscan issues, and when looking at the desktop, the pixel mapping seems to be 1:1.

However, the colors are all messed up. Before continuing it is important to note that this color issue exists when viewing the desktop in any resolution (including 800x600 or 1024x768) not only the new added 1368x768. The black seems purple, the white has a tendency to yellow. Needless to say that on my old HTPC with the same TV (see my first post) that issue didn't occur.

I have attached the DTD Calculator screen with the entered values if that may help. If it is required, I can take some pictures of test patterns that show the color problem (I was stupid enough to make screenshots that, of course, look fine on a well calibrated screen - it was too late at night, I guess).

I'll try tonight to connect to a PC monitor instead of the TV, and with various connectors (D-Sub, DVI).

Thanks for all the help. You are a saint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried connecting to the TV with a D-Sub cable (previously it was a DVI-HDMI cable). When doing so the colors were OK but there was an overscan. I tried fixing the overscan thinking that this would fix the colors issue when I then connect through DVI-HDMI cable. Still haven't had completely sought out. Does this path seem to be right for the solution? In other words, is the overscan when connected through D-Sub cable is parallel to the color issue when connected through DVI-HDMI cable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts