AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking at building my own 12" sealed sub. I was thinking about getting a Sound Splinter RL-s12 and powering it with a Behringer ep 2500. Since I am not a wood worker, I was thinking about getting a pre-made heavy-duty enclosure yet still good bang for the buck. I will be using it for Music mainly(audiophile), however will be watching lots of movies too. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
If you can get a cabinet plan (box dimensions, bracing, ect), you can have someone like Elemental Designs or Meniscus Audio build it to your specs.

Unfortunately, you'll need to find someone with alot better understanding of DIY than I in order to get recommendations on enclosure specs for that driver.

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioBeer /forum/post/17036849

I think that is just a driver. I was already looking at the splinter sound RL-s12 for the driver although that Shiva does look good for the price, but what is a nice solid enclosure box for the money?

thanks!

DIY cable has links right on the side with the frequency measurements in a bunch of different box sizes. You would probably just have to draw up the box measurements yourself. It's not very hard once you get a size you want.

Honest, the Shiva will probably dig way lower then the splinter sound driver. I'm not really sure how good that driver is (please chime in fellow AVS'ers if you've used it) but the Shiva-x is constantly recommended for the price.

You can buy this: http://www.oaudio.com/500W_SUBAMP.html

This amp has all the things you need to run the Shiva-x to near max power, and has been reviewed to be a very solid plate amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.