AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard both of these speakers? Right now in my speaker shopping the Energy C-1 bookshelf is my favorite (I listened to it at Good Guys), even over Polk and B&W. But since I can't audition the Swan's I have no way of comparing them personally, and I'm very hesitant to buy a speaker I haven't heard before.

Note: the C-1 is the new model, Energy apparently redesigned this series, so older model comparisons wouldn't really be valid I guess.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just as a note, other speakers I've auditioned are Polk RTi28 and 38, B&W 601 S3, Infinity IL10. Can anyone do a comparison for me from any of these speakers to help me figure out with the 2.1s sound like?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on, can anyone clue me in as to how they sound vs any of the above mentioned speakers???

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Not the same models, but I've heard speakers in the Polk RT lineup and the B&W DM series. The 2.1 Diva is very different due to the soft dome tweeter. I'd look for some bookshelf speakers from Acoustic Energy, Dynaudio, or others using soft domes to get a better "general" idea of the sound of the Diva's. Sorry, I know nothing about the new Energy line.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your suggestion, I'll see if I can audition about silk dome tweeter speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.