AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody think it would be a worthy upgrade to go from C-3's up front to C-C3's? I have a nice sub to take care of the lowend and thinking that if I were to upgrade I would upgrade to C-C3's instead of C-9's for the price. Anybody had the chance to compare?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Can't answer your question, but I can give you this: I have the C-9s as my mains the C-C3 as my center and I love their sound (used with a Yamaha v2500 receiver). I surrounds are in ceiling and my sub is a HSU STF-2.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have c9s, c3s, and c-c3. Funny, I thought c-c3 was only for the center. Never thought of using it as a main. Can't say as to whether or not it'd be a worthy upgrade. c3s are mighty fine speakers in the own right but, then again, you know that. Guess I haven't really provided much useful commentary here... Only thing I'd say is to maybe compare the frequency response charts of the c9s compared to the c-c3s in case pure two channel, no sub listening is something you are interested in. I would assume the c9s would reach a bit lower and be better for that purpose, if it's on your radar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't seen anyone use the C-C3s for anything but a center channel even though they say they are an L/C/R speaker, i'm looking to put together a 2.1 system for music in my bedroom and have been set on getting the C-3s for it, but you wonder if the C-C3 using a 3-way design with the extra woofer and midrange drivers would sound better.

I would say that the C-9 would probally provide a bigger step up from the C-3 though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I haven't heard from anybody who uses the C-C3 as mains, but I thought that it might be more of an upgrade from the C-9's which I thought would sound essentially the same with my crossover set at 80hz.

The frequency charts for the C-9 vs the C-3 show identical high frequency reponse and very similar midrange response... I have no idea what the C-C3's response looks like though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You could always just email energy and ask them.

I will say though that I would expect C9s to give a fuller and more dynamic soundstage then a pair of C3 bookshelves regardless of a sub. It would be interesting to hear C-C3s as mains though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.