AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well do the soundfield mangement controls work for this speaker? Do you prefer Bipole positioning or Dipole? How do these speakers sound?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I use a pair of C-R3s for my side surrounds in a 7.1 setup. I think their controls make for a pretty flexible speaker. I use them with the side drivers turned up all the way in a bipole configuration. They do well overall for both movies and music, in my opinion, acting as a diffuse speaker as well as a direct firing speaker...

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just came back from the store with a pair of C-C1 which is the lower model of the C-R3. I saw the C-R3's at the store today but did not test them out. They look cool but they were bigger than I thought they would be.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantSquid
I just came back from the store with a pair of C-C1 which is the lower model of the C-R3. I saw the C-R3's at the store today but did not test them out. They look cool but they were bigger than I thought they would be.

Do you mean the C-R1? The CC-1 is a center speaker...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only have a 5.1 setup and was wondering would these speakers be better placed on a side wall right behind the listening area or on the back wall behind listening area. I am a noob so I was also wondering what setup ( bipole or dipole)I should use depending on location. The room is 20'x20' couch is about 5 ft from back wall. Thanks for your responses

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I'd place them as close to the direct sides of your main listening position. Bipole/dipole will be your preference... the dipole setting will create a more diffuse sound. How far will they be from your listening position if you place them on the side walls?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just installed my C-R1's last night and they sound amazing. If the C-R3's are a step up than I can't imagine how awesome they will sound.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantSquid
I just installed my C-R1's last night and they sound amazing. If the C-R3's are a step up than I can't imagine how awesome they will sound.

:D glad you like them...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.