AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I have any problems when pairing Energy C series bookshelf speakers with a Klipsch Synergy Series CTR channel and Klipsch surrounds?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think they'll work just fine, though it'll probably sound like crap. After a lot of reading about that topic here, and trying it at home, I'm a firm believer of always matching the center to the mains. With two entirely different tweeters and sound, that pairing will not be timbre matched, pan properly, yada, yada, yada. Get a matching Energy center if you keep c100s.

This is my opinion, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, troublefan. That is what I thought. I have Klipsch Reference for my set up and I am trying to help a buddy on a budget. He had found a deal on what I described and I thought I would confirm my thoughts about matching the fronts. If we can match the energys in the front, do you think sticking with the Klipsch surrounds would sound ok?

·
Banned
873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcljr /forum/post/15502552

Will I have any problems when pairing Energy C series bookshelf speakers with a Klipsch Synergy Series CTR channel and Klipsch surrounds?

I don't think it would hurt you, but make sure no children under age three hear it.

·
Registered
472 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcljr /forum/post/15502849

Thanks, troublefan. That is what I thought. I have Klipsch Reference for my set up and I am trying to help a buddy on a budget. He had found a deal on what I described and I thought I would confirm my thoughts about matching the fronts. If we can match the energys in the front, do you think sticking with the Klipsch surrounds would sound ok?

Although they are quite different speakers, it's less important to sonically match the surrounds (far less sound information from them) than it is for the front three to be matched. I think the Klipsch as surrounds would be fine if you already have them. If you don't already have the Klipsch and need to buy surrounds, then just match it all with a pair of smaller Energys. I don't think there is a reason to not match them unless you have existing speakers to use. I think many purists would rather have the same all around regardless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts