AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got myself some Energy CF-50s last night. I love'em and can't decide which center to get. I get everything at cost at future shop so my question is is the CC-10..

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...8d782a5ca8en02

which i get for $160 that much worse than the RC-LCR..

http://www.energy-speakers.com/na-en...pecifications/

Which I can get right now for about $300.

My final question would be, would any of these centers match my CF-50s or should i stick with the same line of Energys (CC-10). Thanks a lot guys and gals

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
The CC-10 would be the matching center channel for the speakers you own. The RC-LCR would be a better center speaker, but the sound may be a little unmatched. What to do, thats up to you.

·
Registered
29,111 Posts
I'd have to agree with the above poster. The CC-10 is the matching center for your CF-50s but the RC LCR is the better speaker overall. There's a lot of people who would love to get ahold of a RC LCR for $300.

I just received my RC LCR to go with my RC-10s. Its pretty hefty and solid. It dwarfs my old RC Mini center. Only had it on for about an hour so far. Very nice sounding speaker.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppyman /forum/post/19622830

Yea this is a mad hard choice for me. The CC-10 is more direct/aggressive sounding while the RC-LCR is very clean and contained I cannot decide which I like more!

My personal opinion would be to get the CC-10. I love the speaker (I currently have that and two CF-30's in my room). However I would've gotten the RC-LCR and RC-70 floorstanding speakers if I could have if the price was at-cost.

Duppyman, I've got to ask you: How much did your CF-50's cost you at-cost? (And I'm quite jealous that you can get the RC-LCR for that price! haha wow).

The reason I'm wondering is there's a Futureshop employee that offered to put together a "package deal", where they sell a number of speakers to me at lower than regular price. My dad has to complete his Connoisseur speaker setup (he has two CF-50's he bought for $300 a piece), and I also have to complete my setup. I'm just wondering, if you're an employee there, how negotiable the prices can be if you're buying something like this all in one go:

- 2x CF-50's

- 1x receiver

- 2x CB-20's

- 1x rear Connoisseur speaker

- 1x CC-10

- 1x subwoofer

That's in addition to a number of speakers we've already bought from them (we've already bought two CF-30's, two CF-50's, one CC-10, a subwoofer, and a receiver in the past month).

Sorry for the little hijack here! I was just really eager to ask someone who manages to get their stuff at an awesome price from FS (since I shop there for speakers too).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting... I just bought my rc lcr for 130$. I'll take it as I got a great price? I got the demo but it wasn't damaged and it plays very well. I also work at futureshop and never saw any deal like this. So I jumped on it. I also got the pioneer 1020 for 250$. Was that a good deal?

I'm currently loving my rc lcr. I have the klipsch hdt 500 setup and replaced the center with the lcr

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manglo /forum/post/19649972

Interesting... I just bought my rc lcr for 130$. I'll take it as I got a great price? I got the demo but it wasn't damaged and it plays very well. I also work at futureshop and never saw any deal like this. So I jumped on it. I also got the pioneer 1020 for 250$. Was that a good deal?

I'm currently loving my rc lcr. I have the klipsch hdt 500 setup and replaced the center with the lcr

Definitely a very good deal, especially if there's no damage. It was the RC LCR you got, not the RC Mini LCR right?

I'm jealous of those who get to have the RC LCR. I wish I could have something like that. It looks so awesome with those two midrange drivers on it, in addition to the two woofers and tweeter. xD Want RC-70's and an RC-LCR bad but they're out of production so... that's a no-go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts