AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As an impulse buy for black friday, I purchased a pair of CF-50s and a Pioneer VSX-30 reciever. They sounded great to me, but I am not an audiophile. I got the speakers for $200/each and $400 for the reciever. As far as I have looked the speakers were a great deal and why I bought them. That being said, for $400/pair, is there something better I should have bought. I can still return these, but for the deal I figured I would get them and think about it. Any thoughts on the reciever?

I appreciate any insights given on the the CF-50s, or any others I should consider. I am new to 'higher-end' equipment, please be patient!

Thank you,

Andrew

·
Registered
163 Posts
Better is extremely subjective. Energy is a well respected brand, if you like the way the sound, keep them. If you want to feel better about your purchase go pick up some other speakers that you can audition in the same room and return all but the pair you like best.

I know that may not be the answer you are looking for, but unlike say, computer hardware, there is no definitive answer.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Andrew,

I am new to this forum as well. I have been on here the last couple of months. From what I have read in the Energy Owner's thread, the older Reference Connoisseur line up (RC) is "supposedly" better than the newer CF lineup. That being said, as avichayil pointed, "better" is very subjective. There are a variety of factors that come into play... such as the placement of speakers, whether you will be using these primarily for movies or music, the receiver, etc.

The RC series has been discontinued and there some great deals on them. Specifically the RC-50 is available at Vann's for $300.

I would suggest searching this forum for CF-50s to get an idea of what others have to say about them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts