AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to add a nice pair of speakers for our living room TV Setup.

We would like to add only front speakers at the moment so no subwoofer nor back speakers for now. It's a living room and we are just trying to achieve better sound then TV speakers.

I found a nice deal for a pair of Energy CF-30 tower speakers.

How will these speaker sound if I only use them as front speakers with no subwoofer / back speakers..

Will it sound good ? And is there enough bass already coming from these speakers ? Can I adjust the bass from the speakers via my Onkyo amp or there will be no way to adjust the bass ?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
PSBs entry level towers got great review from the Absolute sound, no suprise and the upgrade at around 3k was compared to some pretty formidable options at bigger money. These need to heard and will likely not be discounted so go to a local dealer that sells them and take a test drive. a word of advice, don't listen to your favorite tune or you will become emotionally involved. You want to listen to piano, female vocals maybe something like Europa from Santana also. A variety including your styles will give you a better idea what the speaker can do. then listen to a favorite

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a pair of CF-30's that I got for $100 each and am pleased with them at that price. I use them as surrounds after buying CF-70's as my front left and right speakers. They will be a huge improvement over TV speakers and have more bass as well. When you feel like upgrading, then get a sub to complement them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts