AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to downsize for a while, so i'm selling my Energy e:XL speaker setup. It consists of:

Pair of Energy e:XL 28P towers (powered 8" subs, 6" mid, .75" tweeter, bass and treble +-3db adjustment dials)

Pair of Energy e:XL R surrounds (front and rear .75" tweeter, 5" front mid, 5" rear passive radiator)

One Energy e:XL C2 center channel (dual 6" mid/woofers, .75" tweeter)

All are black woodgrain finish (NOT gloss black).

These have been great, and as much as i'd like to keep them, they just aren't going to fit in the new place. The subs are powerful, all the speakers sound great and are in great working condition. The towers are missing the second set of grills (see pics) due to some curious cats. UPDATE: i found the spiked feet in a box, so those are included as well. The bar feet are great for hardwood floors, the spikes are nice for carpet (deep carpet).

I bought these brand new back around 1999, and they've been in a non-smoking home ever since. 90% of use is home theater. My room shape and placement makes these subs too powerful at certain frequencies, so i purchased a separate sub a while back (5 years or so), and just haven't plugged in the amps.

I'll consider selling just the towers separately, but i'd prefer to sell the whole set to one buyer.

Located in Tucson, AZ. I can demo them if you're local. I can potentially meet to deliver them near Tucson (Phoenix, Casa Grande, Sierra Vista, etc). Meeting half way or something along those lines.

I'd be willing to ship somewhere in the southwest (AZ, CA, NM, etc) if the buyer wants to pay for it. I can't imagine it will be cheap. Note that i don't have the original boxes, so i'll also have to pack them up for shipping. FYI, the towers weigh 47lbs each, UPS Ground shipping to somewhere like San Diego would be $43 for ONE tower, plus packing materials.

Original price was around $1700 for the set (mainly the towers).

More info:

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/energy-speaker-systems/exl-28p/prd_119497_1594crx.aspx
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/47609/Energy-E-Xl-16.html (page 22 has all the specs)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, there,

I'm in L.A. and would love to get your speaker towers mentioned in your ad here.

Let me know if they're still available, and we'll work it out.

Thanks very much,

David

P.S. I see that I have to have a higher post count here to send a PM or add my email link. (I just joined having seen your ad.)
Let me know if they're still available with a post here, and then we'll get it worked out!
Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts