Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
A few threads about the Encore system:
Encore thread 1
Encore thread 2

My father-in-law had this as his first HT setup. We were quite impressed of it's capabilities considering how small the speakers were. It's a great system if you're looking for a system with a small footprint and great sound compared to alot of it's competitors. You may also want to look into the Rocket ELT system.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arecknor
What does everyone think about this speaker system?
The sats are great for a small system; it's the sub that is the weak link. For the $499 price that GG blew them out at, you would be very hard pressed to do better...

John

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have the Encore setup in my bedroom home theater, great sat/sub especially for that price, it's a no brainer. If for a 2 channel music system you good probably invest the $500 for equally sounding floorstanding speakers that may give a better top to bottom performance. To me two encores and the sub sound a bit thin, but I listen to music in this system in 5 channel stereo and it's very satisfying. The sub is good for the system, but if you want you can upgrade to a mid level sub for $400-500 and really make the system shine and you would have a very respectable working man's sat/sub setup. The only thing you might miss is a bit of the sweet midrange, which is the compromise of the sat/sub design. So but the unit, sell the sub and use the money for something in the entry level ranks from SVS, HSU or Outlaw fro example and you in like Flynn, my friend.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have the Encore for about a year and a half. Moved it to the theater room of about 10' x 17' in size. Even before the sound treatment are done, it already sound good. Its true the sub is the weaker link. I added a 15" sub with that with offset placing compared to the Energy sub elsewhere in the room. The sub can be replaced or added to but best to buy w/o it.

This will be more than adequate for you especially for under $ 800. Sound is rich and tight and very good for DVD-Audio or SACD setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.