AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I need a small sub for our living room and am not sure which one to get. I have it narrowed down to the Energy ESW-V8 or the Def Tech ProSub 800. If anyone can recommend any other 8" or small 10" subs I would definitely appreciate it. I am going to go with either 3 Energy RC mini's for the front plus the sub or a closeout Def Tech Mythos Solo XL with sub. I honestly would rather save the money and get the Energy as it is quite a bit cheaper than the Def Tech but I am worried it won't sound good with the Solo XL. Is the Def Tech worth the extra money considering they are both 8" subs with similar features? We have a really small living room so I know an 8 inch or small 10" would do fine as I can't turn it up super loud most of the time anyway(kids
). At the same time though I want to get a good quality one to match with whatever setup I get. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTR /forum/post/16889676

Anyone?

I just sent you a PM. Hands down the energy sub. Cheaper, sounds better (read up on the ProSub...not too many glowing reviews on here), and looks great. It's also compact. I have the 8" and am looking to buy the 10" because of how cheap it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts