AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new surround set up, unfortunately I've moved into a townhouse and don't have the room for the large speakers, I'm going to miss them but I just don't have the room for them. I have a room that's 15X10 that opens into a dining room and main hallway. The ceilings are about 19' as it opens into a loft. I've mounted my TV above the fireplace and was looking at the Klipsch SL's as I can mount everything on the wall, I've listened to them at few stores and liked them, certainly not a big speaker sound but I did like them. After a lot of research on here I've been reading up on quite a few speakers, has anyone had any experience with Energy speakers? I liked the look of the FPS speakers and they seem to get good reviews but I can't find anywhere to listen to them. Any help would be appreciated!

Here's my current setup

Sony 46" XBR5

Yamaha RX-V2400

PS3

Mirage omni speakers

· Registered
115 Posts
I have owned the Energy Take 5 and currently have the Energy C100's and love them. I have heard the FPS and sounded better than the Take 5 system I used have have but my C100's blow away the FPS. The C100's are huge compared to the FPS's though. Both are made by Klipsch so I really don't think you can go wrong with your choice of the FPS or SL. I love my energy speakers and would recommend them to anyone. If it's a huge difference in price I would get the cheaper of the two. The Energy FPS package is pretty expensive for what it is though. Mirage are part of the whole Klipsch, Engery family.

Question: Whats wrong with the Mirage speakers you already have? How big is too big?

My setup:

Sony 42" LCD model # forgot

Yamaha RX-V1300

PS3

Energy C100's 5.1

Subwoofer Energy S12.3 yea its loud and bother the wife when her friends come to visit, but that's what I bought it for. I mean to be loud.

· Registered
472 Posts
I have the FPS and really like them. As an on-wall solution, they are more than adequate, though compared to many bookshelves they don't sound as 'full', IMO. Use of a good sub is really necessary. Also certainly a different sound (to me) than Klipsch.

BTW, Energy is merely owned by Klipsch now, not a Klipsch-created technology speaker, so have different drivers, etc.

Do you have a budget for this enterprise? There are many attractive on-wall offerings: NHT, Monitor Audio, PSB, Paradigm, eg.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublefan /forum/post/15420803

Do you have a budget for this enterprise? There are many attractive on-wall offerings: NHT, Monitor Audio, PSB, Paradigm, eg.

I don't have any particular budget but I'd like to keep it under 2k, especially since I'm already going to get rid of a system I've had for only a few years and put a few thousand bucks into. I'm really looking for quality and the best I setup I can do for the space I have to do it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.