AVS Forum banner

56421 - 56440 of 56482 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Take Classics nice and light too, only 3 lb. But crossover is ~120Hz due to small 3" drivers. Probably not a problem for Atmos material.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the reply’s. @deano66 I would take you on your offer but I live in Canada so it may be hard and expensive to ship... I found 2 sets of rc mini for approx 100$ CAD for each set. Do you think that is a good price?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Thanks for the reply’s. @deano66 I would take you on your offer but I live in Canada so it may be hard and expensive to ship... I found 2 sets of rc mini for approx 100$ CAD for each set. Do you think that is a good price?
Yes, definitely! RC-minis are a great sounding little speaker... do they happen to have their mounts still with them too?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Well, you could check with Klipsch/Energy and see if they happen to still have the actual RC-mini bracket in a warehouse somewhere.. not very likely, but the part number was 7FXRCMINICS and they were $20 a piece... back in the day..... .but I did find an old posting on this thread where a guy said he used these from Monoprice for his RC-minis!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks a lot for your thoughts Bubba Buoy. I ordered the RC-LCRs to try out. If I like the RC-30's better, I can always use the RC-LCRs in another setup since they are so versatile. I could also probably sell them for a slight profit since they are pretty rare these days. I am currently running my setup with a SVS SB-1000 sub (in a townhouse where I cant really use too much bass). Whenever I move into a larger place, I have two S10.3's that I will use in the HT with this setup, so I'm not too worried about the low end. When that happens, I'll use the SB-1000 with my Veritas V2.2i's in a 2.1 music setup.
Thanks again to everyone for their input. I'll try to follow up with some feedback after I get the LCR's broken in and can do some comparisons. It might be a while though.
So I finally had a chance to set up my new RC-LCR's on top of the RC-30's and do some comparisons with a speaker selector so I could do directly A/B comparisons. I checked the volume between them to make sure their sensitivity was close and they were within 1/2 decible. I had set up the new LCR's in the basement playing for a week or so when i first got them to make sure they were broken in.

Long story short, the LCR's with the dedicated midrange drivers make a big difference with the clarity and detail in the mid-range and vocals, and they were slightly more forward in those areas. The RC-30's had a slightly "fuller" sound, but i attribute that to the bump in the mid-bass frequencies that the RC series is known for. The LCR's still have that warm, non-fatiguing sound but it balances out the mid-bass much better and sounds like a more balanced speaker. When switching back and forth, the RC-30's seemed to sound a little hollow or muffled in the vocals/mid-range in comparison to the LCR. The difference was a subtle but it was clearly there.

The difference really became apparent when my girlfriend came home and I played them for her. For reference, she is the type that has asked me several times why we can't just use the TV speakers :LOL:. It took about 2 switches for her to say that the LCR's sounded nice and clear while the RC-30s sounded muffled. For someone who doesnt care about audio to notice that right away really makes my decision easy. I will be selling the RC-30's, so if anyone in the Boston area is looking for a pair, let me know.

I just wanted to follow up and post my findings. I hope this helps someone in the future.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Would you guys still consider buying the Energy CF-70 speakers in 2021?

I have a stereo system in my home office. Previously it was just for the occasional TV viewing on a small TV and my NHT SuperZero 2.1 Mini-Monitors were passable. However, since adding an Apple AirPort Express with optical output, I've been listening to more music, and those little bookshelf speakers just aren't cutting it.

However, I may be able to get a pair new for similar to the periodic sales on this speaker model a decade ago. Is it still worth it these days? When did they stop making these?

For reference: My front speakers in my home theatre are Paradigm Reference Studio 60 from eons ago, and my front speakers in my living room are Paradigm Monitor 7 also from eons ago. This would be my third set of towers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Would you guys still consider buying the Energy CF-70 speakers in 2021?

I have a stereo system in my home office. Previously it was just for the occasional TV viewing on a small TV and my NHT SuperZero 2.1 Mini-Monitors were passable. However, since adding an Apple AirPort Express with optical output, I've been listening to more music, and those little bookshelf speakers just aren't cutting it.

However, I may be able to get a pair new for similar to the periodic sales on this speaker model a decade ago. Is it still worth it these days? When did they stop making these?

For reference: My front speakers in my home theatre are Paradigm Reference Studio 60 from eons ago, and my front speakers in my living room are Paradigm Monitor 7 also from eons ago. This would be my third set of towers.
I think they made those until 2014 or perhaps even more recently. The age of them wouldn't concern me, especially if they were leftovers new in the box, or gently used...
I had the bookshelf version (CB-20) until recently and they were showing no signs of age. Great sound for the price, in my opinion.

Reactions: BuGsArEtAsTy

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
I think they made those until 2014 or perhaps even more recently. The age of them wouldn't concern me, especially if they were leftovers new in the box, or gently used...
I had the bookshelf version (CB-20) until recently and they were showing no signs of age. Great sound for the price, in my opinion.
Thanks for the advice guys. I was all ready to purchase but it was false advertising on the store website. It claimed they had one new pair and one open box pair. Nope. They were trying to sell off their demo, but it wasn't "gently used". Too bad.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Debating if the rc-70 would be a big upgrade over my rc50.. Also , I have Paradigm Monitor 7 fronts , and a CC -370 center in my basement , but to me the center channel seems lacking , anyone compared the Paradigm Monitors to the RC-70 ?

·
Registered
712 Posts
if your center sounds weak why not get the RC-LCR center instead of the RC-70's to replace the RC-50's?

Sorry , I have 2 areas set up.. my main theater has the paradigm , my living room currently has the rc-50, Rc-lcr

ideally I was thinking of getting the rc-70s on Amazon and moving the energy speakers to my main theater , with Rc-lcr. Currently that set up has my paradigms , with rc-r for side surround , rc-10 for rear surround, and 4 RSL c34e speakers in ceiling . Guess I’m wondering how much the upgrade from rc50 to rc-70 is

·
Registered
28,803 Posts
okay, that question was not clear at all once you mentioned your Paradigm center channel didn't sound good.

I've only had RC-70 towers and never the RC-50, so I can't compare. You'd be paying close to $1K to upgrade to a pair of RC-70's. You might want to try adding a pair of RC-LCR's instead since it has the dedicated midrange and then you'd also have 3 of the exact same speaker across the front for a seamless sound. Of course you would need stands for the LCR's which adds to the cost. Someone went with 3 LCR's a few pages back and really liked the sound.

Maybe I should be asking what's lacking with the sound of the RC-50 to you that makes you curious about upgrading?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the idea of all those Energy speakers in the HT for sound matching. Though the RC-70s sound a bit better, I'd think the RC-50s would be fine with the rest of the RC series in your usage.

The 3 LCRs idea is good for really precise matching across the front. I've done it and loved it. Nice midrange with the 3-way design, and cheaper than RC-70s. But.... Because my 2 RC-70s were not in my 2-channel rig, I swapped them in for the LCRs so they weren't sitting around... Also, I will not hesitate to use the 3 LCRs again. Sounds good.

I love the RC-70s for music A TON. If you were doing JUST music, 2-channel (or 2.1) I'd vote for RC-70s instead of RC-50. For home theater, RC-50 is fine and I'd think the gap was smaller than the money....but it's not my money.

Regardless, I'd definitely use the Energy(s) in place of the Paradigms to match all your surround speakers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That was a steal!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Has anyone upgraded from the Energy Veritas 2.4i to something else? While I really enjoy the sound I'm getting out of them (paired with a SVS SB12+ sub), the upgradeitis itch has struck.

I visited a local dealer this past weekend and demoed the KEF Blade, Revel F22BE, and Paradigm Persona 7F. The Blades were the only model that really caught my attention as I was immediately struck by both the coherence and the bass impact. I didn't care for the Paradigms at all (sounded slightly congested with an odd bloom in the lower midrange) and while the Revels didn't jump out, they also didn't do anything wrong (this is a good thing - I've been eying the Revel Salon 2 so the primary goal of my visit was to get a feel for the Revel "sound signature"). TBH I would have a hard time choosing either F22BE or Persona 7F over the Veritas and that's even before price comes into play.

Curious if any previous Veritas 2.4i owners have upgraded "successfully" and if so, with what speakers?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Has anyone upgraded from the Energy Veritas 2.4i to something else? While I really enjoy the sound I'm getting out of them (paired with a SVS SB12+ sub), the upgradeitis itch has struck.

I visited a local dealer this past weekend and demoed the KEF Blade, Revel F22BE, and Paradigm Persona 7F. The Blades were the only model that really caught my attention as I was immediately struck by both the coherence and the bass impact. I didn't care for the Paradigms at all (sounded slightly congested with an odd bloom in the lower midrange) and while the Revels didn't jump out, they also didn't do anything wrong (this is a good thing - I've been eying the Revel Salon 2 so the primary goal of my visit was to get a feel for the Revel "sound signature"). TBH I would have a hard time choosing either F22BE or Persona 7F over the Veritas and that's even before price comes into play.

Curious if any previous Veritas 2.4i owners have upgraded "successfully" and if so, with what speakers?
I'm interested in this as well. There is nothing about the 2.4i's that I don't like, but my exposure to high end audio is limited so I'm curious how much better it gets. Cost is probably prohibitive of me ever making a significant upgrade though unfortunately unless I find a real bargain.

56421 - 56440 of 56482 Posts