AVS Forum banner

56441 - 56460 of 56482 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just missed this steal of a deal. No model names were given, but looks like RC speakers in rosenut finish and an S10(or 12).3 sub. All for $200.
An outrageous deal. Someone scored big-time. 👍

·
Registered
28,803 Posts
Looks like RC-70's or 50's, RC-10's and s10.3 sub. I have the s10.3, I think the s12.3 is glossy finish. I would have purchased that setup even though I didn't need more speakers. I always loved the Rosenut finish.

I already have cherry and black RC speakers, why not get Rosenut too! :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Looks like RC-70's or 50's, RC-10's and s10.3 sub. I have the s10.3, I think the s12.3 is glossy finish. I would have purchased that setup even though I didn't need more speakers. I always loved the Rosenut finish.

I already have cherry and black RC speakers, why not get Rosenut too! :)
FYI: The S12.3 had the same finish as the S10.3

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Maybe that was the e:xl 12 sub I was thinking of. It has the glossy finish while the e:xl 10 is black ash. I have the s10.3 and e:xl 10 subs are both are black ash.

View attachment 3117475 View attachment 3117476
Ya, I think you nailed it.... Although, I do believe both the S8.3 and S10.3s could also be gotten in a silver color option?.... those were exceedingly rare it would seem. Whereas, I believe the s12.3 was only offered in black ash only... IIRC

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, you could check with Klipsch/Energy and see if they happen to still have the actual RC-mini bracket in a warehouse somewhere.. not very likely, but the part number was 7FXRCMINICS and they were $20 a piece... back in the day..... .but I did find an old posting on this thread where a guy said he used these from Monoprice for his RC-minis!
[/URL]
Well, you could check with Klipsch/Energy and see if they happen to still have the actual RC-mini bracket in a warehouse somewhere.. not very likely, but the part number was 7FXRCMINICS and they were $20 a piece... back in the day..... .but I did find an old posting on this thread where a guy said he used these from Monoprice for his RC-minis!
So i finally got my mini speakers! It only came with 2 mounts for the 4 speakers.

looking at the mount it does not look like l can use them for the fronts.

i have a projector screen in front and the wall behind the projector screen is a a couple feet away from the wall.

i have a couple options:

1. to mount it on the side walls and point them towards the mlp (i think i need mounts which i can turn between 45 to 90 degrees so it’s facing the mlp)

2. use the existing type mounts (and monoprice equivalent) and mount them off the ceiling and point them towards the mlp

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Why is your screen so far in front of your wall? If you can't move your screen back then find yourself a couple small shelves... but with that much depth distance, you may be better off just finding a couple small floor standing decorative knick-knack shelving units or something to set your front speakers on to be inline on either side of your screen...

1. I believe those Monoprice mounts will swivel quite a ways around... if you decide to mount on side walls... IIRC, the mounts that come with the Minis are a bit limited in that regard...

2. I assume you are referring to your surround minis for mounting on the ceiling...Do not mount front speakers on your ceiling... Ideally they need to be around the same height as your center channel speaker or just a bit higher and then angle your center channel upwards toware your MLP as typically those that are under a projection screen can be a bit low anyway...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why is your screen so far in front of your wall? If you can't move your screen back then find yourself a couple small shelves... but with that much depth distance, you may be better off just finding a couple small floor standing decorative knick-knack shelving units or something to set your front speakers on to be inline on either side of your screen...

1. I believe those Monoprice mounts will swivel quite a ways around... if you decide to mount on side walls... IIRC, the mounts that come with the Minis are a bit limited in that regard...

2. I assume you are referring to your surround minis for mounting on the ceiling...Do not mount front speakers on your ceiling... Ideally they need to be around the same height as your center channel speaker or just a bit higher and then angle your center channel upwards toware your MLP as typically those that are under a projection screen can be a bit low anyway...
all 4 of the minis will be the Atmos speakers. I have my rc70 towers and Center on the floor .

There is a big build in unit behind the screen a counter that is approx 3or4 feet deep. So the screen comes down in front of that counter.

maybe i need to change the mount area to be on the side screw. It’s currently on the bottom screw. That way it should give me enough clearance to turn the speaker.

is it better to have these minis for Atmos on the side walls or hanging pointing down from the ceiling?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hanging from the ceiling is a cool idea but having angle adjustment is helpful...

Id like to locate a quad of RC-6C in ceiling speakers for my room personally...

·
Registered
46 Posts
My HT setup currently has an eXL-C center and eXL-16s bookshelves on stands as my L/R fronts. I am considering buying used eXL-26s to replace my fronts and use the eXL-16s as surrounds. How much of a difference can I expect from eXL-26? Physically they have dual 6.5" woofers compared to the single on the 16s but that may not tell the whole story.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My HT setup currently has an eXL-C center and eXL-16s bookshelves on stands as my L/R fronts. I am considering buying used eXL-26s to replace my fronts and use the eXL-16s as surrounds. How much of a difference can I expect from eXL-26? Physically they have dual 6.5" woofers compared to the single on the 16s but that may not tell the whole story.
I have had all the speakers you mentioned. If you enjoy them and don't have a sub, then you should benefit from the e:xl-26s. I wouldn't pay more than $150 though. There are much better speakers for not a whole lot more money. I upgraded from the e:XL-26s to the RC70s and that was by far the biggest upgrade I have made and yet I bought them both brand new for around the same price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had all the speakers you mentioned. If you enjoy them and don't have a sub, then you will benefit from the e:xl-26s. You shouldn't have to pay more than $150 though. There are much better speakers for not a whole lot more money. I upgraded from the e:XL-26s to the RC70s and that was by far the biggest upgrade I have made and yet I bought them both brand new for around the same price.
Thanks for feedback. I do have two s8.2 subs. I considered RC70s or other towers but my concern is if they would match up with the other eXL speakers as I am not looking to replace everything.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Thanks for feedback. I do have two s8.2 subs. I considered RC70s or other towers but my concern is if they would match up with the other eXL speakers as I am not looking to replace everything.
The e:XL26s might not be a worthwhile upgrade then since you already have subs. I can't ever recall directly comparing the two since my 26s were fronts and 16s were rears, but the only real noticeable difference should be additional bass that the extra woofer offers since there is no midrange driver.

RC70s likely would not match well with e:XLs, but if you were willing to gradually replace everything, I'm sure you could "suffer" through some mismatched speakers for a while until you are able to compete a 5.1 RC setup. Even if you were to just replace the center channel with an RC-LCR, the e:XL16s should be fine as rears since matching them isn't as important. It would be well worth it in my opinion, but there will always be something better and if you are happy with the e:XLs, nothing wrong with just enjoying what you have. The upgrade bug gets addictive and expensive.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm going to keep an eye on deals on RC70s and LCR. I think I would only pick up XL25/26/28s if they were bargains on craigslist and save my money for something that is going to make a significant change.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm going to keep an eye on deals on RC70s and LCR. I think I would only pick up XL25/26/28s if they were bargains on craigslist and save my money for something that is going to make a significant change.
I agree with brendelac that upgrading to RC-70's would be worth while. The RC-70's are at a decent price on Amazon now and the LCR is currently at a great price on ebay (sale ends in 21 hrs) so you might want to grab them. An alternative would be to grab 3 LCR's. I just switched my RC-30 front speakers to the LCR so I have 3 LCR's across the front and I am very happy with them. For the price they are selling on ebay right now, you can't beat that value. I bought mine from that seller on ebay and they are legit. I'd recommend jumping on it immediately!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I sent an email to Klipsch support in early January about a replacement tweeter for the 2.0ri and still have not received an answer! I sent 2 follow ups as well. Is their support really that bad now? Any others experience this too? I know they are “behind” but this is absurd! Maybe I will call and see if I can get ahold of anyone.

56441 - 56460 of 56482 Posts