AVS Forum banner

56461 - 56480 of 56481 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks like RC-70's or 50's, RC-10's and s10.3 sub. I have the s10.3, I think the s12.3 is glossy finish. I would have purchased that setup even though I didn't need more speakers. I always loved the Rosenut finish.

I already have cherry and black RC speakers, why not get Rosenut too! :)
I have the 6.3 Veritas in Rosenut, bought them from a private seller, I love them. All my speakers have been black, the Rosenut finish looks great and shines on its on especially in the sunlight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree with brendelac that upgrading to RC-70's would be worth while. The RC-70's are at a decent price on Amazon now and the LCR is currently at a great price on ebay (sale ends in 21 hrs) so you might want to grab them. An alternative would be to grab 3 LCR's. I just switched my RC-30 front speakers to the LCR so I have 3 LCR's across the front and I am very happy with them. For the price they are selling on ebay right now, you can't beat that value. I bought mine from that seller on ebay and they are legit. I'd recommend jumping on it immediately!
I also took advantage of the LCRs for sale for $175 and bought three. The new RC-70s are no longer sold by Amazon and I had concerns about their size (and costing 3x).

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Ya, add me to the list of those picking up those RC-LCRs at that great price! (y) The feedback from people purchasing these seems to be overwhelmingly positive and it is just such a versatile speaker to be able to use it horizontally or vertically. I have always wanted to see what a perfectly matched front sound stage would be like in my setup since there is an audible difference in the sound of the pink noise when running my receiver's test tones when switching from the 70s to the LCR, so I guess I will put these 2 temporarily in place of my 70s just to see what I think.... I have a couple end tables that will actually allow the LCRs to be at the same height as my current 70s, so it should work out as a fair test. As a bonus, the seller ships fast.. I ordered last Thursday and I see they are on the truck to be delivered today!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ya, add me to the list of those picking up those RC-LCRs at that great price! (y) The feedback from people purchasing these seems to be overwhelmingly positive and it is just such a versatile speaker to be able to use it horizontally or vertically. I have always wanted to see what a perfectly matched front sound stage would be like in my setup since there is an audible difference in the sound of the pink noise when running my receiver's test tones when switching from the 70s to the LCR, so I guess I will put these 2 temporarily in place of my 70s just to see what I think.... I have a couple end tables that will actually allow the LCRs to be at the same height as my current 70s, so it should work out as a fair test. As a bonus, the seller ships fast.. I ordered last Thursday and I see they are on the truck to be delivered today!
Agreed. I did the same thing recently to compare to my RC-30 fronts. I would be interested to see if you had similar findings when comparing the LCR to the 70s since they use the same tweeter and midrange drivers as the 30's. I preferred the clarity and slight forwardness of the midrange and vocals that the LCR's provide. For the price the LCRs are selling for and how versatile of a speaker they are, I dont think there's a better deal to be had for any speaker right now. And whichever speakers lose in your comparison will make a great 2 channel music setup somewhere else!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Agreed. I did the same thing recently to compare to my RC-30 fronts. I would be interested to see if you had similar findings when comparing the LCR to the 70s since they use the same tweeter and midrange drivers as the 30's. I preferred the clarity and slight forwardness of the midrange and vocals that the LCR's provide. For the price the LCRs are selling for and how versatile of a speaker they are, I dont think there's a better deal to be had for any speaker right now. And whichever speakers lose in your comparison will make a great 2 channel music setup somewhere else!
Exactly what I was thinking! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well the flurry of LCR orders has driven the price up to $300. Glad you guys were able to get them at that low price.

Looking at the price history it has gone on sale several times in the past few months (as low as 169.95) so I would watch it and it is bound to get back to that 175 range.

·
Registered
893 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its $219 currently on ebay. Thats where I've ordered mine from and they are legit.
I saw the RC-LCR speaker for $177 on Amazon but the legal disclaimer said No returns and All sales final so I bought it from eBay. The seller is gear4less and it is currently 219.95.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Its 219 currently on ebay. Thats where I've ordered mine from and they are legit.
I just received both of mine... they most definitely look to be perfect! In their original boxes and packing with all the original Energy accessories ... port plugs ... Energy label for the grill .. etc... At first glance finish looks to perfect as well... just need to hook them for the most important test...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just received both of mine... they most definitely look to be perfect! In their original boxes and packing with all the original Energy accessories ... port plugs ... Energy label for the grill .. etc... At first glance finish looks to perfect as well... just need to hook them for the most important test...
Just received mine and they look great compared to my eXL that look like cheap black plastic now. Reviewing the manual under Break-in procedures it says they need 100 hours of playing time to allow the transducers to loosen up. Any recommendations on how to best accomplish this?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Just received mine and they look great compared to my eXL that look like cheap black plastic now. Reviewing the manual under Break-in procedures it says they need 100 hours of playing time to allow the transducers to loosen up. Any recommendations on how to best accomplish this?
Just use them is the main thing!;) Other than that, I have temporarily set them for full range and I have been doing streaming of Pandora in Stereo only mode to give them some work when I am not using them for my normal movie watching.... but for nowhere near 100 hours is needed. The main thing is to probably not host a Rave the first night you install them! :D You needn't really worry about that 100 hour transducer loosening thing.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just keep the volume at reasonable level or lower for that time period. Some people say break-in time is a myth altogether. Personally, I have no clue, but I error on the side of caution.

EDIT: Deano's got faster fingers :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Glad I don't have to wait 5 days before using the new speakers.

I have a few LCR questions: I prefer the look of the LCRs without the grille. Is the grille just for looks or does it actually offer some benefit?

When mounting LCR vertical, is there an up or bottom? Pictures I see have the middle as a \ rather than / but can we mount them either way?

I'm not having much luck locating RC-R surrounds. Any advice? Or should I be looking at something like Fluance Signature bipolar speakers for wall-mounted wide surrounds?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Glad I don't have to wait 5 days before using the new speakers.

I have a few LCR questions: I prefer the look of the LCRs without the grille. Is the grille just for looks or does it actually offer some benefit?

When mounting LCR vertical, is there an up or bottom? Pictures I see have the middle as a \ rather than / but can we mount them either way?

I'm not having much luck locating RC-R surrounds. Any advice? Or should I be looking at something like Fluance Signature bipolar speakers for wall-mounted wide surrounds?
I think the grille is just for looks and protection. I personally keep them on just to keep dust off the drivers, but I'm pretty ocd. I agree that these are beautiful speakers without the grille though and remove them from time to time to look at them.

I don't think it matters which way you turn them vertically. By the / or \, I assume you are talking about the orientation of the 2" midrange drivers? If so, no matter which way you turn them, they will be rotated 180 degrees and they will be in the same orientation. Besides that, I don't think matters either.

The RC-Rs have been extremely difficult to find for a long time. I use the fluance XLBP bipolar surrounds (older model) and have been really happy with them. Those are front ported so they have better low frequency extension than some of their current models.

For break in, I just set them up in the basement and played them all day at moderate volumes for 4 or 5 days until I had a chance to set them up. Nothing really scientific about it.

Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just realized the orientation of the midrange tweeters does not change if you flip the LCR over. 🙄 It only changes if you go from vertical to horizontal.

It looks like the current model number of the Fluance XLBP Reference bipolar surrounds is XL8BP. I'll watch for a sale.

56461 - 56480 of 56481 Posts