AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I bought Polk RTi6 Bookshelf plus CSI 5 Center from fry's 6 months ago.

Now I can get the the Energy RC-10 and the matching center ENERGY RC-LCR.

I was wondering are the energy speakers noticeably better than the Polk? I mostly use these speakers for Movies, TV and occasionally music.

Any advice will be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
28,911 Posts
It's a listener preference.

I prefer the RC-10 and LCR myself.

If you live close to a Fry's buy the Energy's and take them back if you don't like them.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll stick to my Polks then. I got the trio for $199 total from Fry's clearance. . If its not much of an upgrade better to stay with what I have. The Energy speaker trio would have costed $450.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have owned them both in the past and would agree its a lateral move. The Polk's dig deeper thanks to a pretty deep cabinet, but the Energy's throw a bigger soundstage that stunned me when I first heard them. For music I would lean Energy's, HT probably Polks.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I've owned the RTi4's and RC-10's. The RC's are significantly better for music. For home theater maybe not much of an upgrade. The RC-10's have a more laid back sound, especially in the midrange. Better, smoother sounding tweeter. Better soundstage. They are an upgrade. And will hold much more value if you ever want to resell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts